Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 11-19-2007, 10:11 AM

Default 15/30 -I dunno how to play the nuts.

15/30

Background on villain. He is fairly laggy. He will betbetbet with almost any pair to the river, or even ace high in position. A few hands ago he donked into me in a blind steal situation on the river and I raised him with nothing and showed after he folded. A couple hands after that I made a straight on the river and CRed him. He is prob steaming and likely hates me. I am up like a million dollars at this point and everyone at the table is scared shitless of me, because I am a terrorist.

I raise utg+1 with AQdd

This guy that loooooves to coldcall me coldcalls me.

HU to flop

Flop 672 2 diamonds.
I bet he raises. I figure he has nothing, and decide to CC every street UI, so I call.

Turn is a 9 of diamonds

I CR. he 3 bets. I 4 bet. He five bets.

For the sake of argument plz assume he never ever has a straight flush here. My Q is, do I keep going now, or do I spring to life on the river to confuse him and get the rest of his monies?
Old 11-19-2007, 10:18 AM

Default Re: 15/30 -I dunno how to play the nuts.

keep raising now and do it quick before he starts thinking not that that's too likely. if another diamond comes or the board pairs or something awful on the river he might slow down after the river c/r (or have you beat somehow). btw this is not up for debate, this is the correct play. post a hand where something interesting happens.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
15/30

Background on villain. He is fairly laggy. He will betbetbet with almost any pair to the river, or even ace high in position. A few hands ago he donked into me in a blind steal situation on the river and I raised him with nothing and showed after he folded. A couple hands after that I made a straight on the river and CRed him. He is prob steaming and likely hates me. I am up like a million dollars at this point and everyone at the table is scared shitless of me, because I am a terrorist.

I raise utg+1 with AQdd

HU to flop

Flop 672 2 diamonds.
I bet he raises. I figure he has nothing, and decide to CC every street UI, so I call.

Turn is a 9 of diamonds

For the sake of argument plz assume he never ever has a straight flush here. My Q is, do I keep going now, or do I spring to life on the river to confuse him and get the rest of his monies?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I believe he does not have the straight flush, I never quite raising on the turn. After all, the river could bring a scare card that would by necessity slow me down. eg, board pair or 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. So why quite now when you know you are ahead?
Old 11-19-2007, 01:06 PM

cmon snowball why would you slow down now when he could have a set or lower flush or something and he has the bull sees red flag mindset. generally i scoff at lines where one has the nuts, goes several bets on a street, then tries some ridiculous screwplay trap on the next street which just screams out 'wake up dumbass' to the unfortunate villain
Old 11-19-2007, 01:46 PM

Don't stop raising.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

God you are so terrible. Repost this in ultra-micro-Yen forums or something please.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:25 PM

WOW... what's it like to always have the nuts... :-)

Don't stop...
Old 11-19-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
15/30

I raise utg+1 with AQdd

HU to flop

Flop 672 2 diamonds.

Turn is a 9 of diamonds

[/ QUOTE ]

if he is indeed full of rage, keeping raising and spray the chips quickly into the pot. this is only gonna piss him off more and keep rational thought far from his mind.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:24 PM

Do not stop betting on the turn without a doubt. Keep it simple.

I think you painted a nice meta-game picture with your intro to the hand. The table is currently steaming against you. They hate you. Villain is thus particularly unable to make a big fold (i.e. a fold here on the turn after a ton of action) against you at this point in the game. So keep the villain 2BB away from seeing your hand by re-raising now.

I think when you are running good you get paid even better by playing completely straight-forward becuase others just can't beleive you still have it.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:27 PM

Slightly tangential, but I also think others are more likely to take over-aggresive shots at you to try to get you to fold when you are running real good. Kind of what I was thinking when faced with the turn decision in my post from yesterday (hand #3).