Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 04:15 PM

Default NL 200, TPTK Deep, Reraised pot

This hand is a bit of a mess. Bear with me. MP is a 50/15 fish, but not one prone to getting into 3bet pots light, at least that I've seen to this point. CO is a TAG, 20/16/meowchow. I'm running at 25/20, threebetting a ton, playing much laggier postflop than I usually do. To complicate things, I had a complete brain fart and either didn't see the open limp or forgot about it because as the hand played out I thought MP called the 3 bet cold. I realize this makes no sense as I'm the SB and MP is not next to me. C'est la vie.

So, if you find the hand interesting enough to comment on, please comment both on the way I thought the hand happened (as if MP is BB and did cc) and the way it actually happened.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($488.70)
BB ($196.90)
UTG ($205.70)
MP ($447.15)
CO ($197)
Button ($251.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $10</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $30</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $28, CO calls $20.

Flop: ($92) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $32</font>, CO calls $32, Hero calls $32.

Turn: ($188) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $52</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $52.

River: ($292) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $52</font>, Hero calls $52.

Final Pot: $292
Old 10-12-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: NL 200, TPTK Deep, Reraised pot

My general thought process versus what I assumed to be a strong preflop range was that I was beat reasonably often and when I wasn't two streets of value was probably the most I could get. I wanted to give myself the option to fold flop to heavy action, so I checked to see what happened, planning to make normal sized bets on turn and river if it checked through. Then he starts this minbetting crap and I think I'm often good, but I can't figure out if/when to raise, or whether to donk a street.

I can't see what worse he stacks off with under either range assumption, and as the hand actually played out, I really have no clue what a reasonable range is, for his preflop play or small postflop bets.

I haven't felt this dumb during a hand in a while.

Effective stacks are like $330 on the river.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:16 PM

Looks fine.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:30 PM

i didnt read your reads but the dude is an idiot for betting 52 into 188 and then 52 again into 292. he prolly sucks bad. looks good.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:17 PM

Under the assumption that MP calls the 3-bet cold...

I guess it's fine, but JJ is really the only hand you're behind in this scenario. Unless he calls the 3-bet with AA/KK and decides to play a 3-way pot, unlikely IMO. His river bet is incredibly small, but with no history of what that means I'm not sure if matters here. If he calls too much (say with TT,99, etc) then a river value raise may be in order.

As the hand played out...

You're ahead of a lot of hands in this scenario. Since he plays 50% of his hands, and this pot looks to be 3 ways, I think I'd discount the fact that you 3-bet preflop a little. I'd put hands like KQ, QT, small pairs, suited As, etc in his range. I like a river value raise here more so than the first scenario, given he has more hands that may call.

Surely he bets more with a 4 on the turn/river. QJ is certainly possible, but so is KQ, QT, Q9s, AJ, etc. I like a river raise.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:24 AM

weird hand.

QJ or some random retarded bluff (KT?) are the only things that make much sense. maybe he's got KQ but it'd be a stretch.