Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Home remedies.

The idea of this thread is for us to tell about home remedies for all sort of ailments, etc.

I have acid reflux. I never been diagnosed with this, but if you get heart burn more than 3 times a week, you probably have it. I used to get it so often that I ate a full "economy" bottle of Rolaids every week.

Further research has shown me that eating these things like this are bad for the stomach. I wouldn't be surprised if upsetting the acid balance by bombarding my stomach with base had actually made it worse. I decided to stop eating these things.

I first attempted to eat bread, to "soak it up." Half a loaf would work, but only for a few hours at most. After a little thought, I decided to drink some milk. One glass actually made it worse, but after a quart, I was fine for a full day. Every day, I drink about 3 cups of milk in the morning, and that settles down the stomach, as long as I stay away from things that give me the burn.

I know many people will say that drinking this much milk is not good for my health. Zantac and other drugs are not good for the body either. I discussed this with a doctor and she said that I was fine to do this.

So there you go The Lounge, give us something to help us get through that fever, headache, etc, but not medicinal. When I get a headache, I take a double dose of Motrin, but I wouldn't mind learning something different.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Home remedies. *DELETED*

Post deleted by MrWookie
Old 10-08-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Home remedies.

second
Old 10-08-2007, 08:23 PM

^ Ugh to both of you.

daveT, I can't help but this reminds me a lot of "The Doctor's Book of Home Remedies" commercial from about 10-15 years ago. Remember that one? I can still hear it now, "rub aspirin on a bee sting!"
Old 10-08-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I know many people will say that drinking this much milk is not good for my health. Zantac and other drugs are not good for the body either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid thread.

One of the most awesomest things about 2007 is that you don't need a home remedy for acid reflux because it can be easily treated with safe medications. If you don't like doctors just check the world wide web and find out that Zantac and Pepcid are sold over the counter.

Irieguy

PS- Get a new doctor.

PPS- Read The Demon-Haunted World by Carl Sagan to decrease the likelihood of embarassing yourself in public like you just did on an internet forum.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:16 PM

Tuq, I do remember that stuff. Ten years ago also brought those sit-up machines, and other odd aerobic stuff.

Erieguy: Some people aren't comfortable dealing with side-effects. Really, it does not matter what I do, as I am sure that the doctor is knowledgeable about these things. I would not suggest milk to someone who is lactose intolerant. I am not a paranoid who doesn't trust the medical industry, but I do believe that some things are equally effective, if not safer.

You obviously never taken these medications: when you have a headache for a few days and start ####ing green, something is not functioning properly (I am allergic to vitamin C).

Now-- I have embarrassed myself on a public forum, are you happy?

PS: If people have nothing functional to say, please go back to BBV4Life.

PSS: Erieguy, this includes those who feel the urge to flame.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:06 PM

daveT,

IMO you did not embarrass yourself. I however do not have anything worthwhile to add to the thread and I'm sorry nobody else has. I considered deleting the two posts above mine but meh, whatever.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:25 PM

Vinegar in your armpits to cure significant stinkiness there. It changes the pH balance the bacteria need. Get a rag or some papertowels, and use them to give your pits a good soaking. Do it every day for two or three days, and not only will any super-stink will be gone, but your pits may hardly smell at all.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:29 PM

Won't your pits smell of vinegar?
Old 10-08-2007, 11:55 PM

That's pretty good to know. Some people really can't get out of the shower for more than 10 minutes without smelling. I knew one person like this and I told him to shave his arm-pits, because that is where the smelly bacteria thrives.