Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: iPhone Unlock

I don't think there is any risk of bricking the phone, but unless you can fully disable updates and continue using the phone then you should be prepared for your phone to be re-locked at any moment...

I haven't done enough research into it but I'm only 10 months into a 24-month tmo contract and I WANT AN IPHONE!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:05 PM

There are some unconfirmed reports of bricking and new reports that downgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 can turn the iPhone into a Touch.

Waiting is just going to get you a better phone Freak...

Granted, it was pretty cool to buy a song on mine.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are some unconfirmed reports of bricking and new reports that downgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 can turn the iPhone into a Touch.

Waiting is just going to get you a better phone Freak...

Granted, it was pretty cool to buy a song on mine.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7017660.stm

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 09:26 AM

Can you choose if you want the updates?
Old 10-01-2007, 10:05 AM

For the time being you have to push the button to make the upgrade happen, much like with iPods. Who knows if there will be "compatibility" issues with newer versions of iTunes which require updating the software on the phone.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:48 AM

Super easy to unlock although it does not work with the latest update. I got my IPhone to work in Canada on Rogers in about 40 minutes. If anyone has problems or has questions feel free to ask.

http://iphone.unlock.no/
Old 10-02-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Super easy to unlock although it does not work with the latest update. I got my IPhone to work in Canada on Rogers in about 40 minutes. If anyone has problems or has questions feel free to ask.

http://iphone.unlock.no/

[/ QUOTE ]

A little bit late dontchathink? Until the hackers figure out how to reverse the firm ware upgrade downgrading to 1.0.2 basically turns off the phone part of the phone. Chances are if you are unlocked now you won't be putting any new updates on the phone until it gets released in your country or for your carrier.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:28 AM

it looks like you can unbrick your iphone by restoring to 1.0.2, and that the unlock capable with the new firmware is just around the corner, maybe within 1 week

i am intrigued enough that i decided not to return my new iphone, but still doubting it is worth the hassle over a silly phone
Old 10-02-2007, 04:02 AM

If anyone hasn't upgraded to the new firmware, I would definitely hold off. I am running Itunes 7.3 with updates turned off and the old firmware. I have no issues at all and I can't imagine going back to a locked phone. Ibrickr is amazingly easy to use even for the computer novice. The third party software is amazingly advanced for the short period it has been around and the apptap program automatically installs programs and updates automatically.

Locked iPhone B-, unlocked A+.

Instant messaging, NES emulator, custom themes, voice recorder, Tap Tap Revolution, get free internet on your laptop when traveling (no you cant play poker over EDGE)..just a few of things I wouldn't want leave behind.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone hasn't upgraded to the new firmware, I would definitely hold off. I am running Itunes 7.3 with updates turned off and the old firmware. I have no issues at all and I can't imagine going back to a locked phone. Ibrickr is amazingly easy to use even for the computer novice. The third party software is amazingly advanced for the short period it has been around and the apptap program automatically installs programs and updates automatically.

Locked iPhone B-, unlocked A+.

Instant messaging, NES emulator, custom themes, voice recorder, Tap Tap Revolution, get free internet on your laptop when traveling (no you cant play poker over EDGE)..just a few of things I wouldn't want leave behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. are you on cingular or tmo?