Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 08-09-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: FAO MH - re: Melchiades

Please try to understand I couldn't really give a [censored] about this specific case. (For "unfair" in previous posts read "bad", if you wish.)

It is your total indifference to obvious and standard house rules that has got my goat.

Unfortunately, whatever I say won't change that, so I fold.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please try to understand I couldn't really give a [censored] about this specific case. (For "unfair" in previous posts read "bad", if you wish.)

It is your total indifference to obvious and standard house rules that has got my goat.

Unfortunately, whatever I say won't change that, so I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have Strassa'd the river, you would have had it.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:18 PM

MH,

"I will consider trying to change in this respect and follow Yeti's lead to simply do my own thing and not worry about what other mods have decided as procedures that should be followed, when I think the situation is unimportant in the grand scheme of things."

LOL.

Seriously, though, I guess all I'm saying is that in this case rather than being a "serious concern" I would have just said something like "Yeti, the rules are there for a reason, and preventing Melch from being unable to post for a few hours is not a good reason to break them. Mods should not be doing that, and if this is done again it may be grounds for removing you as a mod" or something like that.

I don't think we are really disagreeing that much, just that I sometimes think everyone could do for a bit of relaxing around here is all.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:40 PM

Shut up and deal the next hand. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2007, 11:53 PM

all,

i agree with pretty much everything mike has said (see diablo's point 1) and i agree 110% with mat's post.

yeti,

why NOT leave the notes there? unless the notes are blatantly false (i.e. never happened at all, haha jman [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]), the worst thing that can happen is there's maybe 100 characters of text stored on this site which has 10 million posts. whoop-de-doo.

why do you refuse to consider the possibility that you are wrong about Melchiades? there was a time when not everyone realized all the bad things about Degen, and at one point Degen was a valuable strat poster. yvesaint was also a valuable strat poster at one point. I am not accusing Melchiades of anything (in fact my only interactions with him have been nothing but positive) but on the chance that three months from now someone else accuses Melchiades of spamming the notes should be there to make the mod who is notified go "heyyyyyyyy wait a minute, maybe the false alarm 3 months ago wasn't really a false alarm".

[ QUOTE ]
if the positions were reversed, i would reply to this thread with

'heh, oops, guess i acted a bit quickly there. sorry, thanks for tidying up after me'

[/ QUOTE ]

this assumes that you are not the one who is wrong. perhaps, you are. (and perhaps not, again, i am not accusing Melchiades of anything) even if there is only a 1% chance you are wrong, it's still better to leave the notes.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:38 PM

Us mods should NEVER delete another mods user notes! Only a Red should delete any notes! Was a backup copy of the notes kept?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2007, 02:33 PM

in the OP..