Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Re: What if it get\'s worse

think of the memories though, iraq's just one step away from the next mexico. sunny and sandy, low currency value. you just gotta avoid going out at night. really visiting a 3rd world country in the middle of a civil war is something every teenager needs to experience. atleast thats were i plan on sending my kids when they come home with a failed report card
Old 08-02-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No Army in the Future

Ok before you jump on me This article in itself is not a problem.

Limiting Recruiters to two visits a year is fine. As long as they get to come in and state their point.

Right now no one will argue that the army is a dangerous job but with the GI bill, Sign up bonuses, It's not a bad choice for kids who want a college education but did not have the grades or the money to go.

I'm getting off track here. I only have 2 issues with the article

1) What if the restrictions keep getting worse.
a) What if they cannot visit schools someday
b) What if commercials and advertising are banned

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you suggesting that a school board shouldn't be allowed to restrict access?

Wow. I think Coca-Cola and Nike should sue if they aren't allowed free reign to plaster the walls with their propaganda. Free speech, right?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a retarded analogy fwiw. If schools do not allow recruiters on the premises of a partially federally funded school, than the school should lose their federal funding. You cant have your cake and eat it too.

and the HS kids are COMPLETELY RETARDED. People in the military, compared to the general population are better educated and make more money. People need to stop listening to hysterical liberals, it makes them sound dumber than dirt.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First of all, why should we even be worried about all commercials and advertising being banned because some schools are banning recruiters?

[/ QUOTE ]

because it's the potential start of a trend. If you were to travel back in time 40 years and tell people that they wouldn't be allowed to smoke almost anywhere in the year 2007, you would be laughed at.

Things happen slowly and in phases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except you'll never have to worry about military recruiters being banned in public schools because recruiting kids out of highschool helps the state. Don't worry, the federal government will make sure that recruiters are allowed in as many places as possible for as long as possible.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:08 PM

poor minorities are grossly over represented in the military when compared to population demographics
Old 08-03-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Limiting recruiters is a great idea and it is long over due. The lies that these people tell impressionable youth is abhorrent. Pressuring kids into making decisions that could lead to their untimely death is not what public high schools should be about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

I also think that if the government wants to cut spending based on a school's decision to limit recruiters they can (though I don't think they should.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree on that point. If schools risked funding cuts because they don't want recruiters in their school then they would never keep those vultures out of the building.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great point and another reason why having the Federal Government's hands in education is a terrible idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

some may call it blackmail also.