Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 03:18 AM

Default What if it get\'s worse

No Army in the Future

Ok before you jump on me This article in itself is not a problem.

Limiting Recruiters to two visits a year is fine. As long as they get to come in and state their point.

Right now no one will argue that the army is a dangerous job but with the GI bill, Sign up bonuses, It's not a bad choice for kids who want a college education but did not have the grades or the money to go.

I'm getting off track here. I only have 2 issues with the article

1) What if the restrictions keep getting worse.
a) What if they cannot visit schools someday
b) What if commercials and advertising are banned

With no army if somethings happenes to our electronics capabilitys (No big missiles,) we are going to have a hard time stoppping a billion chinese from crossing the sea.

2) This Protest was started by a group called
Youth Against War and Racism

Now I understand the Against War.... but the racism part I dont' get it that statement shows that students today are pretty dumb.

Nowhere in the U.S. do people of all races, creed's and religions come togethor as one as in the armed services.
Everyone is equal and Rank means more than skin color A LOT MORE.

According to the title in the article it says that recruiters are racist because the recruit from the poorer sections more often in WA.

1) Poor people come in all colors, creeds, religions.
2) Poor people would better jump at the free college offer.

I dont' think it's racism by the army I think it's just good business sense as Rich ppls kids just wont' join the army (there are exceptions to be sure).
But they are not going to work at wal mart or Mc Donalds either.
Should walmart or Mc Donalds not be able to hire kids out of highschool ?

Again off topic I just dont' think it's racist The U.S. (at this time) Needs an army and the Army has to market to people who might actually sign up. I don't think marketing to poor ppl is racist. A little messed up maybe (they dont have a choice) But it's not racist POOR PEOPLE come in all sizes shapes and colors.

The protest group should change their name.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:42 AM

Default Re: What if it get\'s worse

Wow, this is one of the dumbest posts I have ever read.

You start with:
"1) What if the restrictions keep getting worse.
b) What if commercials and advertising are banned"

First of all, why should we even be worried about all commercials and advertising being banned because some schools are banning recruiters? But even if that were to happen, how would that lead to no army? Like people wouldn't know the army exists without commercials or school visits? And then all of a sudden a billion Chinese are crossing the ocean?

You need help.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You start with:

First of all, why should we even be worried about all commercials and advertising being banned because some schools are banning recruiters? But even if that were to happen, how would that lead to no army? Like people wouldn't know the army exists without commercials or school visits? And then all of a sudden a billion Chinese are crossing the ocean?

You need help.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see where you got * from [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You dont' see any Irony in a group with AGAINST racism in their title protesting "currently" the most anti racist orginazation in the U.S. ????

I say currently because the army was not always a bastille of equality but it sure is now.

I find the hypocracy in this group a sign that high school students are getting dumber and not smarter.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You start with:

You need help.

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont' see any Irony in a group with AGAINST racism in their title protesting "currently" the most anti racist orginazation in the U.S. ????

I say currently because the army was not always a bastille of equality but it sure is now.

I find the hypocracy in this group a sign that high school students are getting dumber and not smarter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the Army is not a racist organization, though there may be some racists in the army like in any group.

As far as this story whether this story shows that high school students getting are dumber, your sample size is too small.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:27 PM

So this group of hypocrits should be allowed to destablize the U.S. armys ability to recruit new generations of soldiers ????

I can understand the Anti-War part of the group. But they should also understand while War is a HUGE part of the militarys purpose it's not their only one.

And the Racism part of their group is a joke as I've pointed out.

This group is misguided in it's goals it should be trying to get anti war politicians elected instead of taking away college opportunites for poor people. And people who want to learn job skillz
Old 08-02-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, why should we even be worried about all commercials and advertising being banned because some schools are banning recruiters?

[/ QUOTE ]

because it's the potential start of a trend. If you were to travel back in time 40 years and tell people that they wouldn't be allowed to smoke almost anywhere in the year 2007, you would be laughed at.

Things happen slowly and in phases.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No Army in the Future

Limiting Recruiters to two visits a year is fine. As long as they get to come in and state their point.

Right now no one will argue that the army is a dangerous job but with the GI bill, Sign up bonuses, It's not a bad choice for kids who want a college education but did not have the grades or the money to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you suggesting that a school board shouldn't be allowed to restrict access?

Wow. I think Coca-Cola and Nike should sue if they aren't allowed free reign to plaster the walls with their propaganda. Free speech, right?!?
Old 08-02-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You start with:

You need help.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the Army is not a racist organization, though there may be some racists in the army like in any group.

As far as this story whether this story shows that high school students getting are dumber, your sample size is too small.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in high school not long ago, and can assure you that high school students have always been dumb.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No Army in the Future

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you suggesting that a school board shouldn't be allowed to restrict access?

Wow. I think Coca-Cola and Nike should sue if they aren't allowed free reign to plaster the walls with their propaganda. Free speech, right?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Coca cola and nike don't send ppl to college and teach job skills.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:51 PM

"Everyone is equal..."

What about "dont ask, dont tell"?