Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 07-25-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Re: I give up America

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure a 13 year olds problem with a butt slap is what her parents tell her that her problem should be.

OMG i'm emotionally scared. I guess my football team owes me collectivally 10000000000 dollars and I'm putting them all in prison

[/ QUOTE ]

So your stance is that 13 year old girls who don't like having their asses touched should just STFU and take it like in the good ole days.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure a 13 year olds problem with a butt slap is what her parents tell her that her problem should be.

OMG i'm emotionally scared. I guess my football team owes me collectivally 10000000000 dollars and I'm putting them all in prison

[/ QUOTE ]

So your stance is that 13 year old girls who don't like having their asses touched should just STFU and take it like in the good ole days.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he wants to physically and mentally abuse 13 year old boys because how else can you stop them from abusing others?
Old 07-25-2007, 10:43 AM

We might as well save a step or two and simply register every single male over the age of 13 as a sex offender. Best to play it safe, you know.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We might as well save a step or two and simply register every single male over the age of 13 as a sex offender. Best to play it safe, you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not every male of 13 grabs ass because it's "funny" or whatever it is that made these idiots act out. I reject these assertions that this is "boys being boys" acceptable behaviour.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not every male of 13 grabs ass because it's "funny" or whatever it is that made these idiots act out. I reject these assertions that this is "boys being boys" acceptable behaviour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Punishment OK.... Jailtime uh no.

This zero tolerance stuff is crap... you can get a sex offender crime record by peeing in a back alley, suspended from school for popping an aspirin.... what a bunch of garbage
Old 07-25-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Punishment OK.... Jailtime uh no.

This zero tolerance stuff is crap... you can get a sex offender crime record by peeing in a back alley, suspended from school for popping an aspirin.... what a bunch of garbage

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is a rational response to the OP's story. I appreciate that. The other repsonses; "This wouldn't be happening if we beat up our kids, so we should beat them up" and "Golly all men grab ass, what's the big deal"; are ridiculous.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:55 PM

It's kind of ironic that this sort of thing happens precisely because people want to be "tough on crime" and enact laws that severely limit (or eliminate entirely) judicial discretion in sentencing. Give harsh penalties for the criminals and don't let those liberal judges let them off with a smack on the wrist... Then, somehow, the liberal/activist judges get blamed for the consequences by being "too tough"
Old 07-25-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And the jury will here both sides. I don't have a problem with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem isn't this one case, its the trend toward paranoia in the schools over normal play and development (some schools have banned touch football, because it could lead to more touching, what nonsense), and the belief that the government should replace parents.

There are of course, problems with this case also. The waste of the system's resources, forcing this kid to defend himself against such nonsense, and the possibility that he will actually have to register as a sex offender even if he's not convicted of anything.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem isn't this one case, its the trend toward paranoia in the schools over normal play and development (some schools have banned touch football, because it could lead to more touching, what nonsense), and the belief that the government should replace parents

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a school issue, it is a criminal case. That the assault took place at school shouldn't be relevant.

How should a prosecutor look at the following:

A 13 year old slaps a girl's butt (without her permission) at a mall

vs.

A 13 year old slaps a girl's butt (without her permission) at school

vs

A 16 year old slaps a girl's butt (without her permission) at a mall

There are a few questions -- should we make a distinction betwen location of the offense when deciding whether to prosecute; at what age for these types of offenses should we begin to prosecute?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:20 PM

Usually there's more to these stories than what the media is reporting, at least that's been my experience.