Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Does the WSOP Main Event outcome help online poker politically ?

[ QUOTE ]
Well, until we make some progress on the legislation front, there is pretty much a finite, non-regenerating pie that gets used to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Press..... making hay while the Sun shines.

By the way, if you haven't noticed, the power of Christian fundamentalists to control society and its morals is on the wane for now, probably will continue to decline over the course of the next 20 years or so, at least.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(2) Most of that $8 million may very well be out of the poker community for good. If we are really lucky, his 10% charitable contribution and other work to make his own life a little better will be all that gets drained from that prize fund.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who thinks this is a non-event. Do you think most others who won it would be foolish enough to redistribute $6-$7 million back to others via losses? This is an insane argument and not the first time I heard it.

The argument also assumes that there is a finite, non-regenerating, pie that gets used to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

You stole my post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, until we make some progress on the legislation front, there is pretty much a finite, non-regenerating pie that gets used to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only true in the sense of new poker players. Losing players have outside income which is indeed a regenerating pie.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(2) Most of that $8 million may very well be out of the poker community for good. If we are really lucky, his 10% charitable contribution and other work to make his own life a little better will be all that gets drained from that prize fund.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who thinks this is a non-event. Do you think most others who won it would be foolish enough to redistribute $6-$7 million back to others via losses? This is an insane argument and not the first time I heard it.

The argument also assumes that there is a finite, non-regenerating, pie that gets used to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

You stole my post.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking from the view of a poker affiliate, you can rest assured that there are thousands...hundreds of thousands, of dollars being taken from joe schmo jobs, and dumped into online poker every month.

A bit less from the USA of course, but the rest of the world isn't near as handcuffed.

If this finite poker fund idea held any water, then I'd think all the professional players since Mark Twain's days (taking money from the poker pie to pay bills and buy groceries), would have certainly ate the whole thing by now.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:33 AM

I think this Pokernews interview with Yang pretty much clinches it that he will be a good spokesperson for the sport:

Pokernews Yang Interview
Old 07-23-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
God, I pray ESPN makes him look good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be nice Norman.

[/ QUOTE ]