Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Old 06-28-2007, 02:35 PM

Default The final word on addictive gamblers and debt cases who are desperate.

Your in debt and you have a gambling problem but have no where else to turn.

Join the Military.

Benefits

1) Sign up bonus will pay your debts
2) You'll learn Job skills
3) Use the 2-6 years to study poker instead of play
4) Army has BIGGG poker games you'll make more money off of degenerate gamblers like yourself.
5) You can get an education
6) Instead of killing yourself in desperation you can let someone else do it for you.
7) You can visit me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (Winna Winna Chicken Dinna)

Stop crying about how bad your life has become you can seriously get out of the hole you dug for yourself with one signature. I don't post this to be a jerk but it might be the only answer for some of you people.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: The final word on addictive gamblers and debt cases who are desperate.

This is a bad post.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: The final word on addictive gamblers and debt cases who are desperate.

And then, you're sent to Iraq for whatever reason you'll never be told and you get killed by an AK-47 just for being there.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And then, you're sent to Iraq for whatever reason you'll never be told and you get killed by an AK-47 just for being there.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Screaming Eagle Poker has a saying - 'you have to be willing to die in order to live'. For all the soldiers and members of the Screaming Eagle Poker Association, this is not just a saying, but also a reality they face on a daily basis. Their Selfless Service and willingness to pay the ultimate sacrifice for their country is a tribute to their Patriotism. Being deployed to a hostile country, where the enemy is always plotting a way to harm you, can be very disheartening. Screaming Eagle Poker Board of Directors is comprised of combat veterans with one idea in mind - 'taking care of soldiers'. The Army is reflection of society and today’s soldiers love to play the great American game of poker. Screaming Eagle Poker boosts the morale of troops by volunteering our time to plan, organize, and manage FREE No Limit Texas Hold ’em Tournaments on a weekly basis.

The events build Esprit De Corp and help soldiers get a mental escape from the anguish of living in a combat zone. Screaming Eagle Poker plans to make poker a recognized competition within the Army, not unlike its chess and boxing teams. Screaming Eagle Poker also plans on helping out its own casualties of Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation Enduring Freedom (OIF/OEF) by sponsoring and holding fund raising poker events; ultimately donating the money to help wounded soldiers and families of OIF/OEF. Poker has a negative image in the eyes of people due to its gambling history. Just like the war in Iraq, you can always look at the negative side. Our organization plans on showing the Army and the rest of the world how to take something negative and make it into a positive. We expect positive results for the soldiers of OIF/OEF and for our organization for years to come. Poker is a game of positive expectation and that is exactly what our organization plans to bring to our soldiers"

http://www.screamingeaglepoker.com/s...-gallery1.html
Old 06-28-2007, 05:38 PM

Ya'll, I have a 17 yr old son that is see-sawing on whether to join the Army or not. Being that I feel the last two administrations have treated the military very poorly, I have personal objections. (btw, ex-Navy myself) But I do support the positive words here.
I just hope a reader will realize that if they are looking for direction because they have a gambling problem, i.e. emotional instability, that they must be ready to deal with some harsh reality as a member of the military. But harshness is also a blessing because it will force you to grow up.
My son can and would benefit from the military experience. It is just the 'daddy' in me that worries because he is staking more than a bankroll or debt.
I will stand behind him if he signs up or if he gets a job doing drywall.
But as a parrallel to my concern for troubled poker players, I can see a trouble spot.
He has been in a rocky relationship for a little while and I fear that if it falls apart he will use the military as an escape and go in with the wrong mindset.
Needless to say I am 'on watch' for this and am ready to lend my wisdom, but not stop him from what his heart decides is best for him.
If you are inpsired by govman or the screaming eagles, the God Bless you and good luck. If you are desperate, please step back and examine your real needs and motives.
Okay, concerned poppa mode off.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:10 PM

This is a great post.
govman is OK in my book.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a bad post.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not even close to a bad post.

It is a way out for anyone posting here with a gambling problem. It solves every single aspect of their situation.

1) Get's them out of debt
2) Gives them the discipline they need to stay out of trouble.
3) Screaming Eagle guys will be VERY good and supportive of said individual
4) Serve your country

You don't have to be 18 to join the service and if Iraq scares you there are other branches of service.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:54 AM

So you don't think they could get in MORE trouble in the army?

1) Soon owe more money to much tougher guys
2) Get blown up etc
Old 06-29-2007, 03:57 AM

yes, yes, DIE for your country -> god and the other citizens will cheer on your funeral!!! salut!!

wtf-propaganda campaign at a poker forum

INSTABAN!!
Old 06-29-2007, 04:41 AM

It probably would help you at wearing sunglasses in a menacing but unreadable way. Result!