Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 02:52 PM

Default 50NL- KQs slowplayed

I'm posting this because I think this was super standard, even though slow playing at this level mostly sucks.

I'm new to the table- only gone one round so far, though I managed a failed c/r river bluff in my 2nd hand.

Also a note on this PF: I actually raise quite a bit, but a lot of factors make me feel limping behind was better here.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $52.25
UTG+1: $19.95
Hero: $48
MP2: $47.50
CO: $48.25
Button: $102.90
SB: $39.10
BB: $60.45

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($2.5, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $2</font>, Hero calls, CO folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($8.5, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $5</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($23.5, 3 players)
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $10</font>
Old 06-23-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Re: 50NL- KQs slowplayed

I don't mind how you played the hand though...But, I raise the turn here UTG+1 is showing some strength betting now both streets, so i think we can get some action on a raise from him...
Old 06-23-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind how you played the hand though...But, I raise the turn here UTG+1 is showing some strength betting now both streets, so i think we can get some action on a raise from him...

[/ QUOTE ]My problem with this is that it prices out the SB, who actually has a decent sized stack and can probably call here if he can call on the flop. I figure if UTG+1 is going to stack off, he'll do it on the river anyway, but I might get an overcall if I don't raise, and that let's me try to get value from both players on the river.

If the stack sizes for these players were reversed, or I was last to act, I would raise the turn 100% (actually, I'd probably raise the flop).
Old 06-23-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]My problem with this is that it prices out the SB, who actually has a decent sized stack and can probably call here if he can call on the flop. I figure if UTG+1 is going to stack off, he'll do it on the river anyway, but I might get an overcall if I don't raise, and that let's me try to get value from both players on the river.

If the stack sizes for these players were reversed, or I was last to act, I would raise the turn 100% (actually, I'd probably raise the flop).

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand corrected, I didn't pay attention to stack sizes...

Nice hand.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:10 PM

even with the stack size i think you have to raise turn, the board pairs or a heart falls and you might be in trouble. you have to charge for the risk and not let SB stick around getting good odds to draw a better hand. i dont think there are any hands that SB will pay you off more than you'd get from UTG+1 that he doesnt call a turn raise with.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
even with the stack size i think you have to raise turn, the board pairs or a heart falls and you might be in trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]I realize the heart on the board puts a flush draw out there, but it's a backdoor draw and sb appears to have a made hands or a weaker straight draw. I think my hand is strong enough to try and get maximum value and not try to price out draws that only make up a small portion of sb's range.

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think there are any hands that SB will pay you off more than you'd get from UTG+1 that he doesnt call a turn raise with.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't think anything I do here changes what will happen with UTG+1 (he's either getting it all in against me or he isn't), but raising SB off his hand means I miss bets on both the turn and the river. And if SB has a hand strong enough to call a raise here, he's probably going to c/r me here or get it in on the river.