Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: why is this even news?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I didn't realize how many brilliant individuals were on 2+2. I'm assuming all of you could've done what she did by age 19, since you're all making fun of her so much...

[/ QUOTE ]

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I could have performed that feat had I chosen to do so. Probably would've resulted in a far better law school too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be more impressed with you had you actually done it, as opposed to just saying you could have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Because I chose to enjoy my highschool and college years rather than just cram them as full of class as I could?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, because saying "I could've done that" and actually being capable of doing something are entirely different things. I don't believe you could have done what she did, and why should I?

The point is no one should be making fun of her, because very few people are capable of doing what she did.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:13 AM

Cheech, the reason that people are making fun of her is because of her shortsightedness in trying to achieve her goals... It should be obvious to anyone who has done even the smallest bit of research that she cannot achieve her goals with the law school she has chosen...

Also she has decided to publicize this and gets off on the attention... She just realized that she COULD graduate in one year and thought that everyone would think she was SOOOOO cool... In addition, She has missed everything that college is supposed to be... Much of it is about expanding yourself and your mind and meeting new people... I am sure she has done none of these things...

Also, I guarantee that she retained far far less of that information than had she done it on an even halfway normal schedule... If she had spent even a little time studying for the LSAT she would likely have gotten in to UM's law school which is in another universe compared to Wayne St... She simply thinks it sounds cool to have graduated in a year and hasn't thought things through.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The point is no one should be making fun of her, because very few people are capable of doing what she did.

[/ QUOTE ] She did something stupid, and it's something I wouldn't do if I was given the choice--indeed, if I could swtich pasts with her to have accomplished everything she has and trade all the cool [censored] I've done, I wouldn't. I'd also give you at least 10-1 that if this girl and I were placed in a random upper division math class we'd never taken and had to take a test right after every lecture with no opportunity to study, I would completely demolish her.

I think that's the kind of stuff Dan is talking about.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:22 AM

She is also shortsighted in thinking she is so smart and special. She comes off as semi-arrogant and sheltered. It is fairly admirable that she's completing college in a year (which she hasn't actually finished, apparently she has some spring and summer classes and the article assumes she will get a 4.0 in those too!)

For every girl like her, there's a 12 year old completing his PHD. thesis in math or doing some other crazy ass feat that's probably not getting recognized. You don't see this that often because there really isn't a point to graduate in a mother effing year. I don't think 12 year old prodigies try to graduate in a year.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:30 AM

Yeah i mean seriously if dutch boyd can graduate college at like age 4 how hard can it be?

All the value of college as a person comes from the experience. All she is interested in is the monetary values of college. If you told me i would earn the same amount of money (either very little or very large) whether or not i attended college, then id still go to college.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:09 AM

Because even though it took me a pathetic 4 years and I got a 2.4 GPA at a similar(but much, much less evil) undergraduate school I got into a borderline Tier 1 law school with one letter of recommendation and a resume that tries to downplay that I've had a job for 9 months out of 3 years since I've graduated?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:31 AM

You don't really learn anything you use later in life in college except for the life experiences which teaches most people how to grow up. She earned a stunning 0.0 in that department. But a 4.0 also in feking weirdo school.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cheech, the reason that people are making fun of her is because of her shortsightedness in trying to achieve her goals... It should be obvious to anyone who has done even the smallest bit of research that she cannot achieve her goals with the law school she has chosen...

Also she has decided to publicize this and gets off on the attention... She just realized that she COULD graduate in one year and thought that everyone would think she was SOOOOO cool... In addition, She has missed everything that college is supposed to be... Much of it is about expanding yourself and your mind and meeting new people... I am sure she has done none of these things...

Also, I guarantee that she retained far far less of that information than had she done it on an even halfway normal schedule... If she had spent even a little time studying for the LSAT she would likely have gotten in to UM's law school which is in another universe compared to Wayne St... She simply thinks it sounds cool to have graduated in a year and hasn't thought things through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche, Mr. Potter...touche.

(P.S. you know you'd bang her [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])