Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 10:09 PM

Default how do you get text from an afx control?

I found this suggesting crudely copynpasting or using an ocr program (which I haven't tried). But doesn't Holdem Indicator work without needing dealer messages set to 'everything'? How?
Old 03-22-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: how do you get text from an afx control?

You are talking of the AFX controls on Stars? no
sensible
method via AHK as far as I have found yet.

copy/paste is not workable.

OCR via ImageSearch may well be viable, but will be very tricky to get synced and working in a reliable manner. And will need a badass computer to run on multiple tables.

With a more powerful language, there may be ways... I asked Mr. Snood (of SpadeEye fame) how he was doing it when he was making his product work on Stars, IIRC he was hooking the Stars exe and capturing the Win32 GDI TextOut commands.

What are you trying to make? An AHK Holdem Indicator clone? Something completely different?

If I can think of how to retrieve the data you want, I'll tell you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] More info pls.

dave.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:03 PM

I'll look into capturing GDI then. Way beyond my abilities, but any excuse not to do some work.

I got the clipboard working okay but not 100% on stars because for some reason they don't always keep it current. It's for a betting line display to help my (unusually poor) memory; on each street after the flop I can Joy4 and see the remaining players' actions so far (for bets postflop it shows fractions of the pot, for calls it shows the odds accepted). Most people shouldn't need this.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's for a betting line display to help my (unusually poor) memory; on each street after the flop I can Joy4 and see the remaining players' actions so far (for bets postflop it shows fractions of the pot, for calls it shows the odds accepted).

[/ QUOTE ]

Like pokeroffice HUD, but on steroids?

[ QUOTE ]

Most people shouldn't need this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree. Been playing 12 tables lately, and I certainly don't have the memory to think back all streets on all tables (yet...I'm sure it'll come with practice). So often action is on me in a surprisingly big pot and I'm like "how on earth did we get here? on well, bet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]".

Such a display sounds awesome, best of luck. So much easier on PTY where realtime HHF files are only a download away.

dave.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:27 PM

Oh. I didn't know that about Party. Thanks. Don't know about pokeroffice hud. I got the idea from a site I played at a couple of years ago - can't remember which - that showed this info when you clicked on a player. And, obviously, I said it wouldn't be useful because I didn't want you immediately making one for everyone. :P

I'll send you it when I've got it more reliable.