Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2006, 05:02 AM

Default Re: the best alternative to net teller?

[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiousity what are reasons to use something other then Neteller currently?

[/ QUOTE ]Neteller has stated that they will fully comply with the new US regulations.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
epassporte sucks. everything takes forever, i think the fees are high but i am not sure as everthing takes forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's unfortunate since i have just SIGNED UP for epassporte..guess i'll let you guys know if it's horrible.
the fees are high, but my strategy was, after firepay packed up shop i had funds lying in my account. i was just going to make a 100 dollar deposit for a 5 dollar fee,then start emptying funds into epassporte. then deposit for whatever bonus was available (like the current Stars bonus). i hope i have no problems.

[/ QUOTE ]Thats exactly what i did.First of all,ive seen people stating its a $5 fee every $100 when loading.This is false,my first load was a couple hundred,and the fee was still 5$.They will hit you with another 5$ fee to become a "select" member,you will want to do this as it will increase your limits to a more manageable number.First you must make a deposit from another source,small deposit from a debit card is what i did to go along with the deposit from my checking account.You can then become the "select" member.As far as "everything takes forever",it does take awile to get up and running.It will take two weeks to become fully operational.After that,moving money to and from poker sites takes the same time as it does with Neteller.They also offer the "electron" card.Its basically a real life card tied to your Epass account that can be used like any other Visa card to purchase items wherever Visa is accepted or can be used to withdraw at any ATM with the Visa logo.Its 35$ which is steep,but its useful.Other than the startup time and the 10$ it cost me to get going(5$ load fee/5$ select member fee),ive had no complaints.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats exactly what i did.First of all,ive seen people stating its a $5 fee every $100 when loading.This is false,my first load was a couple hundred,and the fee was still 5$.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is no longer true or perhaps I've been screwed. I pay $5 per 100. The worst part is if you want to deposit say 150 its a 10 dollar fee. Withdrawals come with a 2 dollar fee as well. The daily limits are pretty low but I hear you can have them raised by contacting support. I haven't done this yet since I have no need to pull out very large sums at once.

[ QUOTE ]
As far as "everything takes forever",it does take awile to get up and running.It will take two weeks to become fully operational.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got everything but my limits ready in less time than that. It typically takes 4-5 business days to get money from my epassporte account to my bank account. To remedy this I bought the Visa electron card which I used to withdraw earlier today no problems.

Depositing into epassporte was instantaneous using my check card. Withdrawing from Full Tilt to epassporte took about 6 hours each time. Transferring to a poker site is instantaneous and withdrawals to your bank account take 4-5 days.

I've never been able to get moneybookers to work with my credit card or bank account so I always used Firepay. I can't use Neteller because I live in MD so Epassporte is the only solution. I haven't had any problems yet.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:56 PM

thank you blackize that was an extremely helpful post.

on pokerstars it says within 7 days you can up your limits to 1,500. I'm not sure what this really means...as in all you have to do is hold an account for 7 days, and does this mean 1,500 strictly for pokerstars.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:38 PM

"This is no longer true or perhaps I've been screwed. I pay $5 per 100. The worst part is if you want to deposit say 150 its a 10 dollar fee. Withdrawals come with a 2 dollar fee as well. The daily limits are pretty low but I hear you can have them raised by contacting support. I haven't done this yet since I have no need to pull out very large sums at once."

Black,when i said i did this i wasnt talking about a year ago i did this within the last month more than once.I pay the 2$ withdraw fee into my bank account,but i am in no way confused about what my load fees are.Here is recent transaction straight from my Epass account:

02 Dec 2006 ACH Load Fee - $5.00 USD - $5.00 $195.00 Cleared
02 Dec 2006 ACH Load $200.00 USD $200.00 $200.00 Cleared

I believe what you say,but trust me when i say that everything i stated in my post was 100% accurate as to my experience with Epass.I dont know why you are being charged more.Also,my estimated start up time was longer because i loaded with my checking account as well as debit card in order to have my limits increased via the select member program.Peace!!!
Old 12-26-2006, 08:08 PM

5thstreethog,
how did you exactly get the select member program? And how does having both debit and checking accoutn get your limits increased? Do you use your debit funded account to deposit 500, and then the checking funded account to deposit another 500?

thanks for your input, much appreciated.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:08 AM

Hmmmm, could it be that credit transactions are subject to higher fees and if I used my check card as a debit card or deposited from my bank account I would pay less in fees? Luckily I don't have to deposit often, but when it does come up the fees sting a little as you can see

09 Nov 2006 Card Reload Fee - $20.00 USD - $20.00 $448.00 Cleared
09 Nov 2006 Virtual Card Reload $400.00 USD $400.00 $468.00 Cleared
Old 12-27-2006, 01:41 AM

Has anyone used CentralCoin lately? I used it once back in the day when PS had a CC only bonus. After the time of troubles I tried logging on again but the account has been frozen for some reason and I need to jump through some hoops. Is it only for use with Stars? Any fees?
Old 12-27-2006, 02:42 AM

Maybe black,im not sure.I did make one drop with a card,but it was just $50 so maybe i wouldve been charged more on that one if i had dropped more.The one that i posted and others over $100 have been from my checking account and i was just charged the 5$.

Dark,i think they just want you to verify your account more with the second deposit.By looking at black`s post id suggest depositing the majority of money with checking and just make another small deposit with your card after your first deposit clears.You will see the "Select" logo appear after logging in,follow that lead.Btw,for what its worth i did contact support and asked about raising my limits even more.I did this shortly after i opened my account.I received this response:

Dear CardHolder,

If you log into your account on epassporte.com on your right should be a
green and
gold icon named select, click that account and follow the instructions that'd
upgrade you to an epassporte select member for a one time fee of $5. If
you're an
already epassporte select member and would like to increase your limits even
greater, then you'd need $2,000 in your account to withdraw funds from
$520-$770,
and if you'd want it increased surpass that then you'd need an account
balance from
$6,000-$10,000 to increase your priveleges. For further assisstance please
give us a
call.

For additional information, please refer to Epassporte’s terms and
conditions.

Its not well worded and basically just made me have more questions which i havent got around to asking yet lol
Old 12-27-2006, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know there are some options out there but I honestly do not know which is the most trusted and best available next to Net Teller. What are everyone's experiences with :
1) Click2Pay
2) Moneybookers
3) Epassporte

I've heard that Click2Pay's customer service is horrible and you have various fees you will have to pay when using it. Epassporte I had read someone stating it is "crooked". I'm trying to find a valid EFT after Firepay, Net Teller has been a hassle for me since they are asking for all this id verification through social security. Thanks for everyone's help.

[/ QUOTE ]

mycitadel is an option. they charge no fees (unlike epassporte) and you can use your credit card too. they have this device called "secure swipe" here is the link for the secure swipe information in case you are interested. http://www.citadelcommerce.com/mycit...cureswipe.html