FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2006, 08:05 PM

Default (22er) Typical move?

$20+2 Sit N Go

BB = 10

1st hand

Hero (1000)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG+2 with 88
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls 10, MP1 calls 10, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls 10, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks

Flop: (45) 10d 6h 9c
Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO raises to t20, BB folds, Hero calls 20, MP1 folds

Turn: (85) Qc
Hero raises to t80, CO….

This is just a general question as to how often any1 is making this typical kind of move and how well it is working for them. I’ve just noticed with these limped hands that making a move on a potentially dangerous turn card can be profitable. (this seems to work a lot more often than in a raised pot preflop, at least from my experience)

Also lets say that in this example that Q also filled a flush, isn’t that an even better time to bet?

Thoughts….
Old 07-13-2006, 08:15 PM

Default Re: (22er) Typical move?

I feel ya trying to gain an edge, but stacks really aren't deep enough in SNGs to call that flop bet (especially with MP1 still to act) then put out a near pot-sized bluff.

Hero folds to CO's flop bet.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:34 PM

The advice you're most likely to get is to forget about bluffing because the stacks are too low and the players biggest weakness is the tendency to call too many hands. I think this is good advice. What you really want to do is value bet good hands.

There is one situation where I do like bluffing, and that is on a steal in good position. I'll usually follow that up with a c bet if checked to.

Another play I like is if in the BB and SB limps to min-raise and follow it up with a c bet if checked to. These are two bluffing situations which have seemed to work well. But in general, bluffing isn't a good idea, as it depends on players being good enough to know they should be folding.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:38 PM

I'm almost always pitching this on the flop at Party speeds, but you start with 50BB there and appear to be starting with 100BB in this SNG.

As I've played SNGs and moved up in levels, I've definitely tried to eliminate tricky play early on in SNGs. You don't tend to get any edge in terms of others' perception of you (not enough pay attention), you spew chips early with very little $EV edge, and (especially at these lower levels) plenty of people will make "questionable" calls that are still beating you.

You have enough room to make moves, but I don't think you should. Fold.

-SonnyJay