Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 10-22-2007, 10:11 PM

Default AKs in multiway, lots of raises.

Bellagio 15/30 full game, BB is fairly unknown, hasn't done anything stupid yet, i guess he's a shade to the aggro side. Player to my left is tight, seen him 3-bet QQ and showdown once in 2 hours. Lady is megafish, very loose.

Preflop: folds to me, I raise in MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Guy to my left 3-bets, Lady CC in the cutoff, BB thinks for a second and 4-bets, I call, Guy calls, Lady calls.

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB bets, I call, Guy to my left raises, Lady calls, BB 3-bets, I call, Guy calls, lady calls.

Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets, I call, Guy calls, Lady calls.

River: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, I check, Guy checks, Lady checks.

My thinking on all streets:

Preflop- I chose not to 5-bet because I wanted to see what the guy to my left would do, his 3-bet is surely a big hand and I want to know how likely my A or K is dominated. This is already a chance when the BB 4 bets, but its a lot more if guy to my left 5 towns.

Flop: Because of my position on the raiser, I call because I don't want the two behind me to fold, when it gets back and its 3, I call because I'm fairly certain BB has either AA, KK, QQ or TT, and to a lesser degree, the guy to my left has TT and KK some as well. This is the spot I'm the most unsure about in the hand.

Turn and River plays are standard IMO. Any comments appreciated.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: AKs in multiway, lots of raises.

Cap the flop for value check the turn when you misss. You might even get a free card from another player going wtf and checking. Pf is fine but capping is also an option.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:58 PM

I like capping preflop with 3 other players. Original flop call is good, when it comes back to you I probably raise as it looks like this thing is gonna get capped anyways.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bellagio 15/30 full game, BB is fairly unknown, hasn't done anything stupid yet, i guess he's a shade to the aggro side. Player to my left is tight, seen him 3-bet QQ and showdown once in 2 hours. Lady is megafish, very loose.

Preflop: folds to me, I raise in MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Guy to my left 3-bets, Lady CC in the cutoff, BB thinks for a second and 4-bets, I call, Guy calls, Lady calls.

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB bets, I call, Guy to my left raises, Lady calls, BB 3-bets, I call, Guy calls, lady calls.

Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets, I call, Guy calls, Lady calls.

River: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, I check, Guy checks, Lady checks.

My thinking on all streets:

Preflop- I chose not to 5-bet because I wanted to see what the guy to my left would do, his 3-bet is surely a big hand and I want to know how likely my A or K is dominated. This is already a chance when the BB 4 bets, but its a lot more if guy to my left 5 towns.

Flop: Because of my position on the raiser, I call because I don't want the two behind me to fold, when it gets back and its 3, I call because I'm fairly certain BB has either AA, KK, QQ or TT, and to a lesser degree, the guy to my left has TT and KK some as well. This is the spot I'm the most unsure about in the hand.

Turn and River plays are standard IMO. Any comments appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the others here, cap the flop. The only reason for not capping is the fear of losing somebody. But at this point they'd all put so much money in that you were not losing anybody. Get as much as possible in on the flop when you have the equity edge, and then progress as cheaply as possible unimproved.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:04 AM

I 5-bet PF because everyone and their brother is in this pot, just pump it and maximize your equity edge (I'm assuming you have one, maybe not; I don't play Vegas games.)

I raise the flop. You have tons and tons of equity here. Since you didn't, I cap when it's back to me; again, for value.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:48 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

call-raising the flop kills any action you may be looking for unless someone has a lower flush draw and reads your hand as a set. I think you should raise the flop though. This pot is already large and let's encourage people to fold. Most of the time you have a huge amount of equity and even in the worst possible scenario you still have 9 outs to the nuts twice.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:28 AM

I would have raised the flop. Given your descriptions of these players, it is unlikely that they fold for 2 bets and you don't completely mind if they do.