Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 08-30-2007, 03:43 AM

Default AQs sat bubble hand (threehanded two seats)

This is a 22r nonturbo to 530 (APPT).

Not sure if that's high enough stakes but I figure sat strategy is worth putting here. Mod move if necessary.

When we got to threehanded it was 50k-25k-14k, so the guy in third has been whittled down some and has just started openshoving into me (right after we got to 4/8). He hasn't restolen from either of us but he timed down a little the last couple times so I think he's thinking about it.

The big stack has been playing pots; I'm not sure he's autofolding if I shove, and he might flat or reraise a normal raise.

Generally, in bigger sats with this much more than average I just sit back on the bubble and wait for someone to do something dumb. But I'm less sure of myself when we're only threehanded. Someone has to take the shortstack's chips.

Anyway...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t800 (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB (t12125)
Hero (t31480)
SB (t44895)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Old 08-30-2007, 07:58 AM

Default Re: AQs sat bubble hand (threehanded two seats)

you are in 2nd place 3-handed for 2 seats, so you can;t fold your way in. Raise, and call a resteal by the short stack.

Also, I am not sure this belongs in HSMTT.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:35 AM

How much are you folding your button? Its 3handed, rape those blinds until someone tells you not to, you have a lot of BBs.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:51 PM

Raise 3x, fold to SB, call BB.

Easy enough?
Old 08-30-2007, 12:52 PM

yah this seems easy I dunno maybe this is why I suck at sats if this isn't an easy raise/call shorty fold to BS.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much are you folding your button? Its 3handed, rape those blinds until someone tells you not to, you have a lot of BBs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was raising maybe 75% of buttons, and winning some pots by raising the shorties limp on my BB, or stealing on the flop. Was being careful with the big stack because he had position and wasn't autofolding, but I'd taken more of his blinds than he'd taken mine.

I guess this hand is dumb. I raised, big stack folded, shortstack shoved, I called and runner runner wheeled 88. I imagine ~50% of ending it + ~50% of being close to even > raise-fold or openfold.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:32 PM

I think you have to call the push. If you win, you lock a seat. You can't fold your way in, and AQs is awfully strong 3-handed.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:38 PM

The thing is, if positions are switched and big stack has already folded, my instinct would be to shove into the shorty. If we're ten handed with 7 seats or whatever, I'm pretty sure that's right, but here where basically I have to be the one to knock him out, I'm not sure.