Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 08-16-2007, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Muhammadanism WEBSITE...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If modern Christians don't follow the horrible atrocities in the OT, how can you use the Koran as any evidence of anything at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

But Christians aren't supposed to follow the Old Testament, Christians are supposed to follow the teachings and example of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ (as described in the New Testament).

Christians are supposed to follow and try to emulate Jesus. Muslims generally consider Mohammed a fine and emulable example. Christians are supposed to follow the recorded words of Jesus. Muslims are supposed to follow the instructions of Allah as transcribed by Mohammed in the Koran.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. OT=NT in terms of importance. No difference. Jesus did not come to change a jot or tittle.

Also, while Jesus has many great things to say, and on balance is certainly a positive figure, many of his teachings are abhorrent. And thats not even considering the fact that, as God, he is responsible for every atrocity and horrific take-home message in the OT.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is late, so perhaps this web page can explain part of it better than I:

Fargo Baptist

There are essentially only two commandments, according to Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

Also, Jesus's coming and sacrifice forever changed the relationship of man and God.

The Old Testament is basically Judaism. The New Testament, and specifically the teachings of Jesus and the example and sacrifice of Jesus, is basically Christianity.

If you wish to understand Christianity, you will want to read the Gospels of Mark and Matthew using a red-letter Bible (red-letter editions have the words of Jesus highlighted in red). If you pay close attention to what Jesus is saying, and then think about what he did for us all through his sacrifice, and the ultimate love he thereby gave to us, you will probably come to understand the true meaning of Christianity. And then the joy of God will light up your heart, and your soul will experience a brand new kind of clarity and peace. I pray now that you will read the words of Jesus directly, and take them into your heart.

Thanks for reading, and God bless.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Jesus was just lying when he said you must accept every single word of the Old Testament? I think the phrase "The OT is basically Judaism" is very wrong. But at the very least, if it ISN'T wrong, then please, please PLEASE tell every Christian you know to stop saying this country was founded on the Judeo-Christian moral code or founded on Christian principles. This country was certainly not founded on "turn the other cheek" or "he who is without guilt." It is arguably founded on some of the principles found in the OT, I suppose. So, lets keep it to "This country is founded on Judaism" ok?

Thanks for the link though. I always enjoy reading incredibly strained interpretations of passages told to further an agenda. Its not a knock against this specific page, but its pretty hilarious that they draw the conclusion that there are only TWO commandments from passages where Jesus is talking about which two of the TEN are the most important. There are still ten. And of course, the site ignores all of the contradictory passages, like the ones I've alluded to in this thread. Its ok though, I already understand that the Bible means whatever you want it to mean. Asking me to read it with an open heart or whatever isn't going to do you (or me) any good. I've done it, it wasn't flattering for Christianity, so I'm apparently incapable of reading it in the same way you are.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If modern Christians don't follow the horrible atrocities in the OT, how can you use the Koran as any evidence of anything at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

But Christians aren't supposed to follow the Old Testament, Christians are supposed to follow the teachings and example of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ (as described in the New Testament).

Christians are supposed to follow and try to emulate Jesus. Muslims generally consider Mohammed a fine and emulable example. Christians are supposed to follow the recorded words of Jesus. Muslims are supposed to follow the instructions of Allah as transcribed by Mohammed in the Koran.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. OT=NT in terms of importance. No difference. Jesus did not come to change a jot or tittle.

Also, while Jesus has many great things to say, and on balance is certainly a positive figure, many of his teachings are abhorrent. And thats not even considering the fact that, as God, he is responsible for every atrocity and horrific take-home message in the OT.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is late, so perhaps this web page can explain part of it better than I:

Fargo Baptist

There are essentially only two commandments, according to Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

Also, Jesus's coming and sacrifice forever changed the relationship of man and God.

The Old Testament is basically Judaism. The New Testament, and specifically the teachings of Jesus and the example and sacrifice of Jesus, is basically Christianity.

If you wish to understand Christianity, you will want to read the Gospels of Mark and Matthew using a red-letter Bible (red-letter editions have the words of Jesus highlighted in red). If you pay close attention to what Jesus is saying, and then think about what he did for us all through his sacrifice, and the ultimate love he thereby gave to us, you will probably come to understand the true meaning of Christianity. And then the joy of God will light up your heart, and your soul will experience a brand new kind of clarity and peace. I pray now that you will read the words of Jesus directly, and take them into your heart.

Thanks for reading, and God bless.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Jesus was just lying when he said you must accept every single word of the Old Testament? I think the phrase "The OT is basically Judaism" is very wrong. But at the very least, if it ISN'T wrong, then please, please PLEASE tell every Christian you know to stop saying this country was founded on the Judeo-Christian moral code or founded on Christian principles. This country was certainly not founded on "turn the other cheek" or "he who is without guilt." It is arguably founded on some of the principles found in the OT, I suppose. So, lets keep it to "This country is founded on Judaism" ok?

Thanks for the link though. I always enjoy reading incredibly strained interpretations of passages told to further an agenda. Its not a knock against this specific page, but its pretty hilarious that they draw the conclusion that there are only TWO commandments from passages where Jesus is talking about which two of the TEN are the most important. There are still ten. And of course, the site ignores all of the contradictory passages, like the ones I've alluded to in this thread. Its ok though, I already understand that the Bible means whatever you want it to mean. Asking me to read it with an open heart or whatever isn't going to do you (or me) any good. I've done it, it wasn't flattering for Christianity, so I'm apparently incapable of reading it in the same way you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you probably haven't really read the gospels of Mark and Matthew. Maybe if you would, your impressions of Christianity - and of the message of Jesus - might change.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:56 PM

Some 9 year olds look like they're 13 I mean I'm just sayin'.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:33 PM

Why were the gnostic gospels never included when the new testament was compiled?