Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation

Old 07-26-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Kiss any online gambling legislation goodbye, thanks to a bad Ref

[ QUOTE ]
Using this logic is like saying no one should be able to drink now because Lidnesy Lohan got another DUI....

The small percentage can't control what the majority can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

One shoebomber now means I have to make sure I don't have holes in my socks whenever I take a flight.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Kiss any online gambling legislation goodbye, thanks to a bad Ref

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Using this logic is like saying no one should be able to drink now because Lidnesy Lohan got another DUI....

The small percentage can't control what the majority can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

One shoebomber now means I have to make sure I don't have holes in my socks whenever I take a flight.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one of my pet peeves too, but the question is what do we do about it. I am a bit to old to go marching in the streets (again) but I am just not going to roll over and accept stupidity either. Large scale changes happen (usually) in small steps and for lots of small reasons that eventually add up.

So even if Milton is right in his prediction, I hope he will continue to engage in the fight. If we dont win this one, maybe the next one....

Skallagrim

PS, on a lighter note, if any of those jihadists were capable of a something resembling a sense of humor, they would post some "instruction manuals" on their websites about how to make underwear into bombs. Nudist airlines anyone?
Old 07-26-2007, 07:14 PM

Default The current battle should focus on the comments on the Regs ..

Far from quiting the fight, I am trying to point out that the ONLY viable area for fighting is over the Regs. There is a public comment period, make your voice heard on behalf of poker as a skill game.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: The current battle should focus on the comments on the Regs ..

[ QUOTE ]
Far from quiting the fight, I am trying to point out that the ONLY viable area for fighting is over the Regs. There is a public comment period, make your voice heard on behalf of poker as a skill game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with the "ONLY", but I certainly agree with the idea of working the regs. We should all be writing NOW, per this week's action thread, once per week. When the regs are open for comments, we should comment a lot.