Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 02:27 AM

Default Re: Movies That Deserve Sequel\'s That Never Got Them

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One of my all time favorites It ends with him driving away on "a dark and stormy night" with him yakking on his cb and then a shot of one of the underground monsters crawling on his truck.

[/ QUOTE ]
I remember now. Well that's open enough for a follow up.

Will be hard to do though. Making the same movie with a 2 behind it would be lame. Replacing the Chinese with any other race would be unimaginable.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good premise for this movie would have been jack and wang having to go to china to help egg shan. Of course jack would never go on his own accord so egg lies about gracie law being in trouble again. This movie is definatly one that should have and could have had a part 2. Where is John Carpenter lately

[/ QUOTE ]

Army of Darkness- Movie ends with Ash not saying the words correctly and demons chasing him back to his time. (Great ending by the way). In the alternate ending he shows up in a destroyed world.

I hope someday Mr. Ramimi decides to follow up on this. I still think Ash has one good one left in him.

The Rundown- The Rock and Stifler had some real good chemistry during this movie and it ended with them leaving toghether. There is always new treasure that can be made up and I think the box office #'s would be there. The Rock needs another big movie and I think this could be it.

Pitch Black, Chronicles or Riddick,- Where is our third movie. I know a lot of people did not like the first 2 but fans should get their 3rd movie.

Freddy Vs Jason 2 I don't care if your not a fan and did not like the first. I thought it was one of the best horror movies ever made. With 2 of the greatest horror Icons ever made. There is a lot more that can be done with the story and Their fight scene at the end was the best. Please let this happen.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:34 AM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

I really would like to see a sequel to The Professional with Natalie Portman as the main character.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really would like to see a sequel to The Professional with Natalie Portman as the main character.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a great idea, but they would have to put some real good writers at it to pull it off as a worthy sequal. Not that the original had a brilliant script but the sequal needs to be more to be better which is hard.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember now. Well that's open enough for a follow up.

Will be hard to do though. Making the same movie with a 2 behind it would be lame. Replacing the Chinese with any other race would be unimaginable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think they could have had a franchise with Big Trouble in Little X. Where X is virtually any culture (Big Trouble in Little Japan would be a natural, Big Trouble in Little Russia, etc) and you could play with the mythologies of those cultures - This is what the Hellboy comics have done but Jack Burton did it first.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Big Trouble in Little China.

I can't remember how it ended though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack Burton on his CB while the monster was chillin on his cab.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, Leon was too cool of a character and that a sequel with just Portman wouldn't be very good.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:01 PM

But they could throw in that Six Sense kid as new trainee...or let him get killed.