Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 12-27-2006, 12:12 PM

Default Re: FlFishOn/ HeavilyArmed

[ QUOTE ]
differing viewpoints make the site work. i've always accepted extreme views here as long as they were presented politely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive me for saying so, Mat, but this is where you could not be more wrong. It is illogical thinking like this that will be the root cause of the entire site crashing down around your ears within months, if not weeks. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence can see the foundations cracking as we debate. I guarantee that Twoplustwo will not be in existence by July 1st 2007.

By the way, I hope you and your family had a good Christmas.

For a special treat, I took S and the kids to Villa One at the Bellagio for one night. It was pretty good, but the service was a bit slow, so I doubt if I'll be doing it again.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ips don't match.

differing viewpoints make the site work. i've always accepted extreme views here as long as they were presented politely.

HeavilyArmed seems to be polite enough

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify, I wasn't asking because of his current posts - I know scientists that take his position and some mainstream literature as well.
I was just asking for when banned posters return.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:41 PM

You were/ are in vegas? You didn't call me?

I have no idea what you're talking about. If you're joking, explain the joke to me.

If you're serious, please elaborate.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:44 PM

If a banned poster returns under an entirely new identity, generally behaves, and makes no reference to the previous handle, I usually overlook it, even if investigation shows that they were banned previously.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:29 PM

Well, as you know, some things lose a lot in the written explanation; but I'll give it a try.

I live half my life in a Walter Mitty world. Certain things spark me off. Your comments sparked me off, so I stated radically extreme views to the norm, but in a polite way. I have a very droll sense of humour. Droll in terms of what I say usually not being funny.

Coincidentally, the Villa One was on TV at that moment as being the best of the Top Ten Suites available in Las Vegas, (ahead of Presidential, Venetian; Verona, Hilton; 180 degrees South, Four Seasons; Napoleon, Paris; Elvis & Priscilla, Viva; $5.25m, Turnberry Place; Ambassador, Sahara; Adrienne, ?; Penthouse, MGM), so I added that in as part of the imaginary story to add a hint of apparent veracity. However, the "S" touch was to imply to others that you know my family, but to give you the obvious clue that it was all a Christmas spoof. (Just in case you hadn't realised such a ludicrous prophesy was absolute drivel.)

I'll get my coat.