Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2006, 11:28 AM

Default 2-7 TD multiway action I am a passive calling station

3-6 2-7 six handed. CO is very bad, button knows his stuff but has really bad tilt tendencies and I get the feeling he plays higher usually and is kind of spewing.

Two folds, CO openraises, button calls, sb calls, I call in BB with 247KQ.

SB takes 3, I take 2, CO and button take 2.

sb checks, I bet my 2347A, CO raises, button 3-bets, sb folds, I call, CO caps button calls.

I take 1, CO takes 1, button is pat.

I make a number two and check it like a [censored], it gets checked through.

Let's say you're button here with 34568, checking is awful right?

Am I too passive OOP postflop with 247? I used to go nuts with these hands.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:58 AM

Default Re: 2-7 TD multiway action I am a passive calling station

Who is villain (out of curriosity).

I think checking the turn is the only play after that crazy flop action, I am amazed CO capped the flop, had both opponents draw, and checked the turn. Very strange indeed. If he had 86 he has to bet the turn for value since no one can fold there. CO is a total prick for not giving the opportunity to c/r here! (or better yet call along as co and button go to war on the turn.)

Edit - I like the pf call. I suppose a case could be made for raising for value, but you are drawing two against a raiser, a cold caller, and a coldish call from the sb so the stub is probably light on low cards and being OOP sucks majorly in this game.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:23 PM

Default Re: 2-7 TD multiway action I am a passive calling station

Button was FreedyGuck, who Ive played a fair amount with and I have him pegged as one of the most solid players in the low limit games, but he seems to get apathetic about playing correctly at times or just tilty.

I'm guaranteed at least two bets by leading here, and I started thinking after that the button would have gone to war with me, but maybe not considering he freakin checked it. Maybe he smelled a rat? I hadn't been checkraising a lot. I dont know, it was weird.

But with this action, one of them HAS to bet here a huge amount of the time, probably making me at least four bets as CO just wouldnt fold in this spot.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:26 PM

Default Re: 2-7 TD multi-way action I am a passive calling station

If I can encourage an out of position player to stand pat after the second draw then the buttons play is actually quite good with a monster. Considering the action, its likely that there will be significant action after the 3rd draw, allowing him to get in 2 bets.

This is not a play I commonly perform, its actually quite rare and something I'm more likely to do live when I have a solid read on the strength of my opponents hands, or when I am playing against a significant LAG.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]