Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Good spot for a flop check?

Guy is 58/3 and not very good. Was I being to FPS? I figured a ton of his range is lower PP, or suited connector type stuff, or even just 2 cards, and I get more value from him bluffing me than I do from him the times he has a weaker ace, and I keep the pot small if he has a T. And hes prolly not smart enough to figure out what im doing, so I dont think my check looks obvious. The limit player in me reeeeeally wanted to raise the river, but I didnt know if your NL fish pays off with Ax or 55 (or K7o) like they would in limit, and getting raised is a disaster, so I opted not to.

PokerStars $0.50/$1.00 No-Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Button: $42.50
SB: $91.85
BB: $147.20
UTG: $96.45
MP: $166.40
CO: $124.45

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls $0.50, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, SB calls $3.

Flop: ($8.00) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($8.00) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6.

River: ($20.00) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7.

Final Pot: $34.00
Old 08-24-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Good spot for a flop check?

Hey Alobar,

I like your line in this hand against this player.

When he leads for 1/3 pot i'd usually raise the river, just make it 20 to go and he'll probably call with Ax and a bunch of PPs. Getting 3bet isn't a disaster since it's a pretty easy fold against most.

If he had potted the river, or 2/3 potted it I would say calling is fine.

Surf
Old 08-24-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Getting 3bet isn't a disaster since it's a pretty easy fold against most.

[/ QUOTE ]

surf,

good point, I hadnt even considered that, duh!! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2007, 07:47 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

standard for me would be c-bet flop, check turn, call/bet river

works pretty well
Old 08-26-2007, 06:18 PM

i would just go pot-pot-pot here. you want to maximize vs worse aces. when he check-minraises you, you know you're beat. this would be a good spot to check with KK or A2.

and i definitely raise the river. nothing too big, maybe 22
Old 08-27-2007, 01:08 AM

I think flop is a pretty easy bet vs. this player. I agree w. Josh and would typically just bet all streets.

As played, given his bet sizing, i like 3x raise.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:41 AM

Pot, pot, pot from me too, because a suited connector is not usually going to fire the turn. Optimize against the weak Ace instead.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pot, pot, pot from me too, because a suited connector is not usually going to fire the turn. Optimize against the weak Ace instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

This dude's a ~50 vpiper, there's a whole load of stuff in his range that is completely garbage that could bluff the turn / river. Granted on the range of our Ax hands we'd want to bet the strongest(AJ+) and induce with the weakest in terms of balancing, but I don't think you give up a ton of value by checking this flop occasionally even with AK. So much of his range just folds, and so many of these types of players will blast the turn (and maybe river) without looking at their cards once you check through.

Surf
Old 08-27-2007, 03:41 PM

Surf-

He seems very passive to me, being 53/3. OP didn't really say, so I concluded as much.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This dude's a ~50 vpiper, there's a whole load of stuff in his range that is completely garbage that could bluff the turn / river. Granted on the range of our Ax hands we'd want to bet the strongest(AJ+) and induce with the weakest in terms of balancing, but I don't think you give up a ton of value by checking this flop occasionally even with AK. So much of his range just folds, and so many of these types of players will blast the turn (and maybe river) without looking at their cards once you check through.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have no guarantee that he bluffs. i'd rather get a chance to get 3 bets in vs an ace than POSSIBLY one bet in vs his random trash. it's also very good for metagame. i like to keep firing at the bad players because eventually they snap and dump me their stack