Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2006, 08:12 PM

Default AA - Live 1-2-2 Hand

Posting this hand from a live 1-2-2 game with a $5 bring in. Wondering if this could have been played differently.

Villain seems to be quite tight, folding most hands for the last couple of hours. Not sure about his play though. Havent seen him show down too many hands. Been complaining a little about not getting any good hands. I had just raised a couple of hands ago with JJ, so my thinking on the turn is that does Villain thinks I'm making some sort of play without the goods.

Stacks - Hero $400
Villain Covers

Hero is dealt AA in the CO and I raise to $40 after 3 limpers. Button calls and the limpers fold. Heads up action. Pot size $100ish

Flop 6Q2 with 2 hearts. I do not have the ace of hearts.
I lead out for $100 and villain calls. Turn is the J of spades.

I lead out for $100 again on the turn and Villain pops it up to $300 leaving me all in if I call. I have about 150ish left. Hero..?
Old 02-06-2006, 08:24 PM

Default Re: AA - Live 1-2-2 Hand

If you truly think Villain is stupid enough to push you in when you're essentially pot-committed, all the while holding air or something stellar like AQ, then I would attend to your reading skillz. Having said that, you are simply not folding while getting better than 4:1 here. Crying call and reload, or blow off steam elsewhere.