Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2006, 07:31 PM

Default KK making trips on flop vs. flushboard

$25NL on Everest. I'm seat 4 ($30), Villain (covers) is seat 6
Blinds 0.15/0.25
1 fold in front of me and I bet $1.90
Villain calls, no one els.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet $1.50, villain minraises to $3.00, I reraise to $11.70, he reraises all-in, I call.

Results for those who can't wait in disguise
<font color="#EAF4F4">classifier shows Ad As.
classifier has 8d 9h Kd Ad As: Pair
Charlize shows Kh Kc.
Charlize has 8d 9h Kh Kc Kd: Three of a Kind</font>

Is my line of betting correct or am I gonna lose a lot of money playing like this? Later on I'll post why I did what I did here.

PS: Is there a hand converter I can use for Everest? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2006, 07:43 PM

Default Re: KK making trips on flop vs. flushboard

any reads on villain? will he push a flushdraw?

i would pot the flop and probably 3bet/allin any raise.

other than the weak flop bet i think this is ok HU.

any reads/stats on villain?
Old 02-06-2006, 07:46 PM

DON'T POST RESULTS

1) <font color="white"> for one thing the disguise isn't very good - anyone with half a clue can easily read your posted results and this will skew the advice you get- which is a bad thing.</font>
2) <font color="white"> and for another thing drawing attention to the fact that you have posted the results is more likely to make more people read them.</font>

3) <font color="white"> I don't know any posters here that won't look at results given half a chance.</font>

4) <font color="white"> you do get bonus points tho for bothering to format your post nicely without the use of a converter [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] - sadly I don't know of any for everest but I am sure someone else will</font>

I'd bet more on the flop - whatever you normally raise for a good flop - bet that much - and if you don't normally bet between 2/3 to the full size of the pot then consider changing your standard bet amount to this much.

As he has XX here (see how easy it is to be put off by results) then it doesn't really matter as it looks like you are stacking him on this flop anyway.

Edit to remove results from my own post - DOH.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:47 PM

you might want to edit your post so people can post their advice FIRST and then check back if they want to.

but yes, please dont post results immediately because that will get people to post results oriented bias.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:04 PM

Haven't checked result yet, but after first flop bet, when raised, why not call to see a non diamond turn and resume action then? To get a better edge against flush draw.
And i agree flop bet is small.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't checked result yet, but after first flop bet, when raised, why not call to see a non diamond turn and resume action then? To get a better edge against flush draw.
And i agree flop bet is small.

[/ QUOTE ]

we've got a good hand and we dont to give them a cheap draw if he's hold A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]xx
Old 02-06-2006, 08:12 PM

Oki, so you feel you can get it all in enough against an :Ad to make it worth.
What kind of range do you give on the preflop call of vilain? The raise is very high with no limper, guess that's the reason also.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:16 PM

headsup this is almost always the naked ace or a set smaller than yours....or some pair+the naked ace combo. You are likely way ahead, get your money in here and never think twice. In a multi way pot you might play differently, but not headsup on the flop.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:36 PM

I would play it about the same way. I usually bet less pre-flop ($1 is fine) and more after the flop (about 3/4-1 pot), but I guess that line would make me end up all in on the flop anyway...

Some thoughts...
Your $1.5 dollar lead is a bit dangerous since it gives him the opportunity to peel one of cheaply and you don't want to see another diamond on the turn. I also think a big bet is more likely to make him push as a semi-bluff. Your reraise practically screams "I have a hand and want to get all in", so a drawing hand will probably rather fold than push here...