Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: FW 20 I Donk(Hand Against Myself)

[ QUOTE ]
If you guys are calling ATo, are you calling A9o too? And if you are folding A9o like it's on fire, then why aren't you even considering folding ATo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of the reason ATo is so much stronger than A9o is simply for the fact that you can make broadway. And with a KQJ board, there's high potential for a big payday.

OP mentioned that pre-flop raiser was "MP is aggressive preflop and passive and loose postflop.", so that would make ATo an ok spot to call, as long as you can play post-flop decently. For example, here I'd be folding to the SB donk easily. Turning the A is disastrous to QJ.

As an aside, if anyone is remotely paying attention, they will notice you are folding your big blind more often than normal. Your blind will become an easier and easier target to lighter raises as the game progresses.

Also am I the only one who doesn't like using PokerTracker statistics for live games? Players are so different online vs live. Seems to me like comparing apples to oranges.

"What about KJo? KTo? QJo?"

QJo almost has odds to flop an open-ended straight draw or a gutshot along with the assorted trip/two pair monster hands at 7:1.

The other two are really borderline. I'd probably fold those, but it's a case-by-case basis.

Garland
Old 10-31-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone with a nice PT sample for FR hands know what their stats are for defending blinds with ATo against a non-steal raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

3 off the button is a steal-raise in my book.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PJ: A villain's opening range in this spot includes hands like A9/A8/A7.(and their suited versions) Every hand we move farther down is significant and this doesn't even take the 1 straight we can make into account. I would venture to say that the jump from AT-->A9 is almost as signifcant as from AJ-->AT. After that, the gaps become smaller.

That said, this shouldn't degenerate into a preflop discussion. What are my most likely hands given my preflop call/flop donk?

[/ QUOTE ]

pf is insta call for 1 bet closing action. AT very different than A9o. i call ATo in a second and fold A9o fairly readily barring specific read on opener 3 off button (but then again, i've seen some horrible opens at fw so i don't toss too much in the blinds).

your hands: QJs/KQs/KQo (given HJ's badness and MP's pf aggressiveness. i've seen K8o in that spot 3 off the button from an aggressive pf opener at FW) KJs/ JTs/ATs/KTs (though i'm not sure if you'd call the sb here w/ that) or bottom set given that MP/HJ can check around.

if you have 99/88 here this is a horrible flop to donk. i check fold them usually.

i can't imagine yoiu haveing QQ/JJ/AK(s)/TT/KK here so for you to donk you either have a flush draw, mid pair, top pair/not top kicker, top two (again if you call KTs here), or bottom set. i think the odds are heavily in favor of top pair or a set here since nobody is folding to yoru donk w/ the flush draw and you are going to give your hand away by checking the turn. i'd rather c'r a bb bet into the field w/ the flush draw than donk it.

given that range, i still think it is a fold from the BB on this flop w/ ATo b/c ATo is either behind already w/ people left ot act, ahead of you but not by much (b/c if it is ahead best case scenario is JTs and that is 1 hand, if not it is against a draw w/ many outs and squeezed between the field), behind others who are yet to act (and not folding out any K), or absolutely crushed. in fact, folding the flop is fairly easy given your range.

donking 66 on KK3 board is waaaaayyy different than betting into 3 people on a KTx cc board.

also, professor ben and ninawilliams, i'll be at FW tomorrow all day (leaving here like 7am so propbably be there from 9am-2or so am. i'm a chubby-ish 27y/o black shirt long sleave white undershirt. say hi if you see me.

Barron
Old 11-01-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

also, professor ben and ninawilliams, i'll be at FW tomorrow all day (leaving here like 7am so propbably be there from 9am-2or so am. i'm a chubby-ish 27y/o black shirt long sleave white undershirt. say hi if you see me.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

He's also the reporter from the 2007 WSOP. Stalking Brad Garret was it?
Old 11-01-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What's the worst offsuit hand you're calling here?

[/ QUOTE ]

T7o I think. Depends on if you think 86o or 75o are worse or better than T7o.

I think preflop is fine and I'd fold the flop.

Rob
Old 11-04-2007, 12:53 AM

Follow Ups:
Are we raising if the SB is not known to be a solid TAG but has a more loose preflop range?
What about if we have the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?
SB had KQ[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. How is his play?
Old 11-04-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Follow Ups:
Are we raising if the SB is not known to be a solid TAG but has a more loose preflop range?
What about if we have the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?
SB had KQ[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. How is his play?

[/ QUOTE ]

So yeah, he berated me for hours for folding this and said I was bad at poker an it hurt my lil feelings [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Anyway, he claims his range should include a lot of T's. I'm not a big fan of donking a T here. Thoughts?
Old 11-04-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So yeah, he berated me for hours for folding this and said I was bad at poker an it hurt my lil feelings [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Anyway, he claims his range should include a lot of T's. I'm not a big fan of donking a T here. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts are don't listen to Ben. Good fold.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I berated her because I had been donking weak hands all weekend. She should have been taking notice of this and the obvious non-situation of me trying to level her in a 4-way pot. That and I would've made 2 more BB! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I berated her because I had been donking weak hands all weekend. She should have been taking notice of this and the obvious non-situation of me trying to level her in a 4-way pot. That and I would've made 2 more BB! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like I was one step ahead [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]