Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 03:25 PM

Default *** Official Summer Poker House Discussion Thread ***

This thread is purely for people to talk about the idea of some of the FR forum buying a home in either vegas or LA and playing poker. Some discussion started in too eazy's well and i thought making a thread on this subject would probably be a good idea.

As for myself, i love this idea and bankroll willing would love to do this. However i am not 21 and i don't know if i would be able to play in LA, and i certainly wouldn't in vegas. Either way though, i would love to hang out with a bunch of you guys, and i have family in both locations so it would serve a dual purpose.

Thoughts?
Old 11-06-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: *** Official Summer Poker Baller House Discussion Thread ***

What are the cost's of living in vegas/la?

Pictures?
Old 11-06-2007, 03:37 PM

Vegas is pretty cheap, LA... not so much.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:40 PM

Im graduating in May, and will b moving out to Vegas in June. if ppl wanna get togetha and get a nice house, im more than in (id obvi wanna meet ppl first...but im sure a trip to either AC/Vegas cud b arranged b4 hand) =)
Old 11-06-2007, 03:48 PM

As mentionend, I'd be interested in 1 - 2 weeks in Vegas. LA not so much, spent a few days there recently and did not like it too much (no offense if anyone on here is from LA). Problems: I might be a little older than most of you guys (25, so not like old but little older) no problem for me but don't know how you think about that. 2nd: I'm from europe, so I have to take a look first what flights and stuff would cost...
Old 11-06-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As mentionend, I'd be interested in 1 - 2 weeks in Vegas. LA not so much, spent a few days there recently and did not like it too much (no offense if anyone on here is from LA). Problems: I might be a little older than most of you guys (25, so not like old but little older) no problem for me but don't know how you think about that. 2nd: I'm from europe, so I have to take a look first what flights and stuff would cost...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ thinkin 25 is so much older =)

(where in Europe?)
Old 11-06-2007, 04:04 PM

I was talking about GM, WCG rider and stuff, if I remember right they are all around 20 - 22. Know it's not much older but hey, thought I had to mention it. At least I could buy them booze if neccessary...
Old 11-06-2007, 04:09 PM

Im 18 but will be 19 in December. I think because of the type of game we play, there wont be any age issues unless someone is really substantially older.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:43 PM

Definitely interested assuming I could make $30k by June ($30k is a random number that I threw out there expecting to need like $20k for rent, food, plane tickets, WSOP entries and other things that are probably going to yield me no return financially and then a $10k bankroll to grind cash or whatever with). I don't turn 21 until June so I would have the month of May to put in a shitton of hours to get the money necessary. I'm thinking that I will be able to make like $10k in bonuses by then so if I can just find a way to make another $20k in poker I'll be there. Barring a huge tourney score in the near future I probably won't know for certain that I can go until at least the spring, but I have already ran this plan through my mom (yes, I still ask her for approval of some things) and she didn't seem to take issue with it.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:05 PM

I'd definitely be interested in meeting people in Vegas. I finish my course in June, and won't start work till September, so was going to go to Vegas at some point then anyway.
I'll have the cash to go, and would be more likely to go if i knew of some people who'd be out there anyway.

Alex, i'm 24 and from Europe too (UK)