Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Re: assani ruining the SE forum

Does everyone get the habit I am referencing to?
Hint if you don't you are retarded.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:09 PM

Just in case it is him flooding threads with several posts in a row, which add very little content.
Edit: Seeing Tarvaris Jackson that many times in a row has gotten me very angry.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:10 PM

Assani, can you point me to some materials on Mayshaque? The internet seems to be particularly devoid of information, perhaps something my local library might have? I'm interested in learning more about onslaughts.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:10 PM

i think people would stop talking about the onslaught threads if assani didn't so vigorously defend them.

assani, one characteristic of a good poster is that, even when they disagree, they can present someone else's point fairly and respond to its actual content, rather than mischaracterizing it and rebutting by claiming the person is saying a bunch of things they never said, either deliberately or because they just lack the ability to grasp the point.

the fact that you don't understand what i mean by 'flooding a thread' is a good example. i illustrated it pretty clearly. your introduction of your lower post count is a great example of a statistic that has no bearing on the argument, but which you bring up because you think it proves your point.

also i know a lot of people who scored 1290 on the SAT and got a 3.0 in college, and yet they are still [censored] morons.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:11 PM

Pudge, I did do that when I first started posting a lot here. It was common over at FBGs and never a problem. Once people asked me to cool it, I made a clear effort to change, and I now often respond to many posters and many different points in just one post.

103,105 and counting
Old 10-30-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. Look at his justifications for continuing to be allowed to troll:

"Lots of people responded"

That's right, he should be allowed to troll because he's good at it. Wonderful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe his argument was "a decent chunk of people responded POSITIVELY, liked the posts, and wanted me to keep posting, etc"

Though I dont think people responding positively to your posts is sufficient to keep you from being banned, it is kind of unfair of you to twist his statement like that (unless you're referring to something else, which, if so, my bad)
Old 10-30-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just in case it is him flooding threads with several posts in a row, which add very little content.

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW his annoying habit WAS that he would roll into a thread and reply to posts as he came across them. Many times the issue would already be resolved so his posts were moot. I kindly asked him a time or two to actually read the entire thread rather than reply as he goes, and that I can tell he does this now.

Of course, that may still lead to several posts in a row by him, but I don't consider them "low content".
Old 10-30-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also i know a lot of people who scored 1290 on the SAT and got a 3.0 in college, and yet they are still [censored] morons.

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually got a 3.1 IMO. Get it right [censored].
Old 10-30-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assani,
There is a difference between spawning debate and trolling to cause debate. If I were to start a bunch of threads in OOT
Jessica Alba is ugly.
Steak is disgusting how can any one eat it.
etc. I would def get temp banned.

BTW I'm so confused as to whether or not he is intentionally trolling or not because it requires such dedication to troll like this. istewart or KKF are really easy trolls to do. "I hate black people". "I'm going to make up a ridiculous, but funny story" But this is so different.
BTW since nobody mentioned another Assani posting habit I will illustrate one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you that starting those threads would be bad because:

1. Its fairly obvious that you don't truly believe that
2. You know that nobody really agrees with you
3. While its good for debate to offer different opinions, you don't back them up with any good reasoning. If you did, that'd change a lot.

This is different than the onslaught threads because....

1. I'm not offering any opinions so theres nothing for me to "believe."
2. There were most definitely others that wnated to discuss the onslaughts. This is a key point that you guys aren't disputing because you know its true, and I think it really hurts your arguments.
3. Again, its not really applicable here becuase onslaughts were not a debate(well we could've debated the merits of certain moves, but thats not the direction the threads took since they were trolled by so many).

103,104 and counting
Old 10-30-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assani, can you point me to some materials on Mayshaque? The internet seems to be particularly devoid of information, perhaps something my local library might have? I'm interested in learning more about onslaughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. "Practical Onslaughting in an impractical World" by Robert Mayshaque would be a great overview of his work.

103,103 and counting