Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 08:56 PM

Default Re: 10/25 HU vs CrYinG on UB

[ QUOTE ]
if you guys dont like betting turn, what do you do instead? c/c doesnt get enough $ in the pot since we have a big hand

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, I guess three aces is a "big hand" in a vacuum but you aren't gonna get a ton of money in as a favorite unless he has some monster draw and he decides to stick it in or he has the case ace w/ worse kicker. I'd check/call or check/raise turn, and check/raise flop sometimes too.

[ QUOTE ]

on the river i think he bluffs [his draws], i think he bets all worse aces (and other worse-hand-value bets) on the river when c'd to, i think he bets all bluffs on the river when checked to (if hes bluff raising turn)

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree pretty strongly here. When you call his turn raise, your hand is trips or better like EVERY time and he is going to realize this and not try to bluff you off of it; also, if he is decent and has a really weak ace he will check to showdown (obv these don't necessarily apply if both players are really good or really familiar with each other's game, but it's a pretty accurate generalization in a midstakes game like this where both of you have little knowledge other than that your opponent is solid).

To reiterate, I think shoving turn is best because he never gives up his ace and I don't think you are inducing river bluffs very often.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:11 PM

kod, have you ever played on UB dude?

i understand what you're saying and see where you're coming from but just can't bring myself to agree that b3b ai turn is better than call and c/c
Old 09-11-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you guys dont like betting turn, what do you do instead? c/c doesnt get enough $ in the pot since we have a big hand

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, I guess three aces is a "big hand" in a vacuum but you aren't gonna get a ton of money in as a favorite unless he has some monster draw and he decides to stick it in or he has the case ace w/ worse kicker. I'd check/call or check/raise turn, and check/raise flop sometimes too.

[ QUOTE ]

on the river i think he bluffs [his draws], i think he bets all worse aces (and other worse-hand-value bets) on the river when c'd to, i think he bets all bluffs on the river when checked to (if hes bluff raising turn)

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree pretty strongly here. When you call his turn raise, your hand is trips or better like EVERY time and he is going to realize this and not try to bluff you off of it; also, if he is decent and has a really weak ace he will check to showdown (obv these don't necessarily apply if both players are really good or really familiar with each other's game, but it's a pretty accurate generalization in a midstakes game like this where both of you have little knowledge other than that your opponent is solid).

To reiterate, I think shoving turn is best because he never gives up his ace and I don't think you are inducing river bluffs very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you quoting in the second quote? I never said that he bets all of his aces, or that he bluffs all of his draws. I just said that he can, as our line can be perceived as being weak.

I don't think he's bluffing a whole lot on the river, just more than I originally thought(I figured at first that villain will bluff the river almost never).

Try to look at the hand from the villain's perspective, I still feel like if we call our hand doesn't have to be very strong, but if we shove the hand plays as if we have 24, or a boat(When would we ever take this line with a draw or a bluff?). If we shove, than is villain really going to call with a big draw on a paired board here? I think not.

If we shove we're probably folding out weaker aces, and getting called by all better hands. Though I agree that the villain can easily check behind on the river with a weaker ace, and he may even do that more often than v-betting the weaker ace, but I really doubt that it's something like 10% V-bet and 90% check behind. I think he value bets a worse hand more than enough on the river, and sometimes will bluff.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kod, have you ever played on UB dude?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, got $500 on there a long time ago and my account got frozen within a couple days. My horrible experience with their customer service and futile attempts to get my money out was enough to make me never want to play there again.

I don't understand why people would play differently just because they are on UB, and it seems like an especially bad assumption if you have never played vs. the guy before.

Edit: actually, the bet pot button was helpful when I was steaming, I remember that
Old 09-11-2007, 10:17 PM

ez call
Old 09-11-2007, 10:59 PM

i would agree that call, check call river is better too.

although i don't think shove is bad because there are two draws out there and there are some circumstances i would be shoving them too
Old 09-11-2007, 11:35 PM

i love you jokers who think shoving a draw is good on the turn but stone cold bluffing is bad. did you guys do a lot of drugs, or were you just born that way?
Old 09-12-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i love you jokers who think shoving a draw is good on the turn but stone cold bluffing is bad. did you guys do a lot of drugs, or were you just born that way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't they say that simply because you need way more fold equity when you are drawing dead if called?
Old 09-12-2007, 03:33 AM

call now, river depends on timing and size. i think c/fing all rivers ui is a viable plan and possibly calling if he bets small or takes an awkward amount of time to bet.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:07 AM

First off I agree that a bluff push is TERRIBLE and playing a draw like this = kill yourself. I think calling and c/c river 25% c/f riv 75% looks pretty good offhand. I think pushing the turn is ok but not as good of a line. I also dont mind the turn donk because I think this guy would call you down light more often than fire 2 shells on this board with a hand like kk or a weak ace. This way you can also make sure money goes in on 2 big streets whereas if you check call he can check behind riv a lot or else you need to donk riv which could get pretty awkward

-Mike