Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2006, 12:21 PM

Default Re: weekday WW redux

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2)Iron_Yuppie...do you always try so hard?

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the impression IY tries to play the exact same way from game to game. Unfortunately, instead of trying to act like a villager when he's a wolf, he acts like a wolf when he's a villager. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, this is what i do as well; i act the same, but apparently everyone always thinks i'm a wolf
Old 05-03-2006, 12:24 PM

another seer strategy question to ponder: do we have them always stick to the top/bottom half as it is now, or do we have them do it by the top/bottom half of REMAINING players

if we lynch/wolves kill mostly in one half, then that seer may run outta options...if we have the halves always be dynamic, making it top/bottom of what's left, then that eliminates that problem

however, if seer 2 picks people near the top of the bottom half the first few nights and we then lynch/wolves eat some people in the top half, then seer 1's half drops down to include the people that seer 2 already saw...

so this gets us back to the best strategy being to mainly see the top half of the top and the bottom half of the bottom...but then that means that the middle players hardly ever get seen...since it's random, that's fine EXCEPT for the fact that the wolves then know our optimal strategy is to go for top of top and bottom of bottom and will eat (and lead bandwagons to lynch) people in those quartiles, making our seers' sights less valuable, thus shifting their strategy back to not seeing in that quartile, etc
Old 05-03-2006, 12:26 PM

/aside

I know its wolfy to make these kinds of posts, but whatever.

Nick, you write a LOT. Sorry, most of your WW posts are tl;dr for me.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:26 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2006, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2)Iron_Yuppie...do you always try so hard?

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the impression IY tries to play the exact same way from game to game. Unfortunately, instead of trying to act like a villager when he's a wolf, he acts like a wolf when he's a villager. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I pretty much suck non-stop. This is still just my 3rd game (4th if you count ASNNWW III ongoing now). In my first game, The_Truth picked me off as a wolf after one post. I figured it was because I was playing too serious, and have since tried to loosen up. I should point out that I've never been lynched as a villager though, so I've had that going for me up until this game at least.

As for trying too hard, I really don't see a way to put up a real defense on the 1st day, so I have instead opted for cute pictures and sarcastic posts. That has not seemed to work, so I will try for something else in the future.

I guess keeping my mouth shut would work, but that seems boring.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:35 PM

Maybe we should get a seer strategy thread going instead of cluttering this thread with it. It will be useful in every game with 2 seers, but it's distracting from the main mission here.

I also think it's being overthought. I think 1/2 and 1/2 is good. It may have ty be dynamic at times, but overall it's sound.

[ QUOTE ]
As for trying too hard, I really don't see a way to put up a real defense on the 1st day, so I have instead opted for cute pictures and sarcastic posts. That has not seemed to work, so I will try for something else in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't impact my vote, but I did very much enjoy the cute picture, if that makes you feel any better.

[ QUOTE ]
I guess keeping my mouth shut would work, but that seems boring.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Re: Seer strategy
To be honest, I'd rather just let the seers do their own thing. I don't particularly want to restrict their options, nor do I want the wolves to get an idea which people are getting looked at. These kinds of things could go a long way into helping them figure out who is doing the seeking. Besides, this is going to be a long game; there are a lot of players. It's very unlikely that the seers will have more than maybe one pick in common until much later in the game, by which point both of them probably won't be alive anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

lynch Alex Levin

Downplaying the seer strategy is wolfy.

The only potential issue with the first half (at random/seer preference)/second half is what if last night the seer peaked at someone in the second half. That means that half the time there is the chance that we will have 1 overlap in the game. I don't think we can get around that, but having only a, at worst, chance of 50% that there is a single overlap with a 0% chance that there is more than one person overlap is a great guarentee.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:43 PM

No it's not - well, yes it is.

But so is voting for him for only that reason. And if you were a wolf in the last game, you have a 22% chance of being a wolf AGAIN!

change vote to sumzero