Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 12:06 AM

Default How many 5 year-olds.....

Good drunken debate from a few nights ago.

The question: How many 5 year-olds could you take on at once?

The specifics:

- You are in an enclosed area, roughly the size of a basketball court. There are no foreign objects.
- You are not allowed to touch a wall.
- When you are knocked unconscious, you lose. When they are all knocked unconscious, they lose. Once a kid is knocked unconscious, that kid is "out."
- I (or someone else intent on seeing to it you fail) get to choose the kids from a pool that is twice the size of your magic number. The pool will be 50/50 in terms of gender and will have no discernable abnormalities in terms of demographics, other than they are all healthy Americans.
- The kids receive one day of training from hand-to-hand combat experts who will train them specifically to team up to take down one adult. You will receive one hour of "counter-tactics" training.
- There is no protective padding for any combatant other than the standard-issue cup.
* The kids are motivated enough to not get scared, regardless of the bloodshed. Even the very last one will give it his/her best to take you down.

I set my magic number at 30, but upon reflection, I think I could take on a few more. How many could you take on?
Old 01-18-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: How many 5 year-olds.....

If the kids get a little training, there's no way you can take on 30. One of them is going to get in a good shot below the belt. Then another will. Then another. You'll go down soon enough. Soon, you'll be getting kicked in the head and then it's lights-out.

You'd be lucky to handle 10.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:24 AM

I'm not going to post my estimate just yet but damn Dynasty, only 10? First off, 1 day of combat training isn't going to mean anything, they'll forget it all by nap time the next day. Also, 1 hit to the face or torso region sends these punks sprawling and crying on the ground. Plus, they'd be scared shitless. These are real 5 year olds we're talking about, not some cryogenically frozen mutant kids hellbent on seeing your demise. 10 is a gross underestimate.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
. You'll go down soon enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is crucial. If you go down with kids on top of you, you may be done for. But if there was no one on top, you may be able to get back up again if your quick. But 5-year olds are just about the weakest people on the planet next to babies, so you'd have to be really skinny and out of shape for there to be a chance that they take you down.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If the kids get a little training, there's no way you can take on 30. One of them is going to get in a good shot below the belt. Then another will. Then another. You'll go down soon enough. Soon, you'll be getting kicked in the head and then it's lights-out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having not frequented OOT too often, this is the first time i stumbled across this thread. Having read this post, this is the second time today that I burst out laughing in a gradschool class.

-Brad
Old 05-03-2006, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be the weakest grown person in the world or 10 years old. A five year old runs slower than a typical adult's brisk walk. A five year old can barely open a typical gas station door. A five year old can be put out of commission (to a crying fit) for at least ten minutes by shove of similar strength required to open a typical gas station door. The number for a typical male adult is much bigger than ten and probably a good deal bigger than 30.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:34 AM

i think everyone is overestimating how big a five year old is. you could knock out a couple with every kick you throw.

i'd say i could take 50 easy. are they allowed to reach into my cup? that's the only way they do any damage at all. and whenever they grab you, you just punch them in top of the head and that kid is out.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:40 AM

Ong-Bak versus 5-year olds would be one of the coolest things ever.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be the weakest grown person in the world or 10 years old. A five year old runs slower than a typical adult's brisk walk. A five year old can barely open a typical gas station door. A five year old can be put out of commission (to a crying fit) for at least ten minutes by shove of similar strength required to open a typical gas station door. The number for a typical male adult is much bigger than ten and probably a good deal bigger than 30.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one somewhat amused by this guy's frepeated use of the "pushing open a gas door" metric of strength? Do you work at a sunoco or something?
Old 05-03-2006, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one somewhat amused by this guy's frepeated use of the "pushing open a gas door" metric of strength? Do you work at a sunoco or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am getting at a specific type of door and gas station is the only place that I can think of that still almost universally uses said door. The type is the self closing door with the mechanism at the top that applies minor pressure in order to close the door after someone passes through it. Similar to a screen door, but usually the ones in public places require somewhat more pressure to open. Obviously, a five year old could open a regular door, and many places like supermarkets have eliminated this type of door in favor of the fully automatic kind which a five year old can also obviously open. I was trying to call up the correct mental image with as few words as possible. I guess you could read McDonalds or Olive Garden instead of gas station if you like, but I happened to see a 5 year old struggle with a gas station door this morning which is why it came to mind.