Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many poker books do you read every month?
books? what are those 21 25.93%
1-2 53 65.43%
3 or more 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 10:12 AM

Default Re: it\'s aaron w!!

[ QUOTE ]
anyone heard from Dr.Matt lately?

[/ QUOTE ]

Level?

Doh! Leveled myself. Here is a picture to distract y'all from my mistake:

Old 07-14-2007, 10:28 AM

Default JavaNut on Hold\'em

You may have noticed that I have claimed to have won a freeroll. Here is a 'trip report', if not interested please move to next post.
If you read on, please despair because you cannot get yourself to play this badly, hence you will never win a freeroll.

It is early in the event, about a beer and a half into it.
JavaNut in CO, $920 to the right of villain $1930. Blinds $10/$20.
K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 4 folds, villain calls, JavaNut calls, two folds, BB checks.
Flop: (Pot $90) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 checks, villain check, JavaNut bets $90, 2 folds, OG1 calls.
Turn: (Pot $270) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
OG1 bets $1,820 all-in, JavaNut calls. His action screemed to the heaven that he had A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and a non-spade.
River: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
JavaNut scoops up $2,900.

Made a mistake, lost a bit was down to 1,140, second beer about empty now, time for #3.
Picked up A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG, blinds now $25/$50.
Raised to $300, 2 fold, villain1 $300, villain2 $300, rest folds.
Flop 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I shove and get one caller, villain1, who shows A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Turn + river 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Back up to $2,655.

Pocket kings take me to $3,005, when I pick up A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in CO, still $25/$50.
3 fold, 1 caller, 2 folds, JavaNut calls, BU calls, SB completes and BB checks.
Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
The first caller bets $50, JavaNut raises to $300, BU raises to $2,330 all-in, blinds and first caller folds, JavaNut calls.
BU has A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Turn + river: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
JavaNut is up to $4.960.

Stole a few pots,

got involved in a few pots, I shouldn't have and was down to $3,485. About now I was on beer #5.
K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the hijack, blinds now up to $300/$600.
3 fold, villain raises to $2,000, JavaNut raises to $3,485, 4 fold, villain calls and show 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Board: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
JavaNut now has $7.870.

We are now moving in on the bubble. Top 20 in the money, about 50 left. I am around 20th place.
Made a bad mistake calling with a straight on the river, ran into a flush, down to $6,170.

Picked up 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the big blind, blinds now $600/$1,200. I look at the other tables and decide I need to win another big pot to be able to get into the money.
Two calls, SB folds, JavaNut checks.
Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
JavaNut bets $4,970 all-in, 1 caller who shows Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Turn + river: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
JavaNut is now up to $14,140, plain sailing into the money, with a reasonable chance to get to the final table, beer #6.

Two hands later a pair of queens got called by ATo and I was above $17,000 mark. A steal and TT getting called by AQo made it above $25,000.

Down to about 18 players a little later blinds are $800/$1,600, JavaNut is in UTG, K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
JavaNut bets $6,000, 2 folds, MP1 calls, 1 fold, SB goes all-in $31,166, JavaNut is all-in $25,773 and MP1 is all-in $14,504.
SB show 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] MP1 has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Board: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
JavaNut has now got $67,650 and is in the chip lead, woo-hoo, time for beer #7.

Tried to throw my stack around a bit against the small stacks, won with K8o against JTo and KQo against TT, steadily building the stack.

Down to 4 players, beer can #7 seems to be getting a bit light, not the beer only the can.

BU $52,451
SB $56,911
BB $47,828
JavaNut $94,810
Blinds $1,500/$3,000

Dealt: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Preflop: JavaNut raises to $10,000, BU folds, SB folds, BB raises all-in $47,828, JavaNut calls.
BB shows A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Turn + river: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Ka-ching. down to 3 players, stack $143K, life is good, pffft, beer can #8 is now officially open.

A few hands later, same blinds.
BU $18,911
JavaNut (SB) $144,138
BB $88,951

Dealt: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BU raises all-in $18,911, JavaNut raises to $70,000 (no callers here please), BB folds.
BU shows K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Board: 10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
HU about 2-1, and my bankmanager sends me a smiley.

Villain gets slightly ahead after catching me stealing with K2o. But in general I run over him. He has said that it is his first time heads up and I believe him.
I this situation it is not about what you yourself have, or what is on the board, but what your opponent does not have. He folded far too much.

Got a significant lead back with this hand:

BB $121,902
JavaNut (Button) $130,098
Blinds $2,000/$4,000

Dealt: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Preflop: JavaNut raises to $10,000, BB calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, JavaNut bets $20,000, BB calls (?) a bit scary.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB bets $8,000, JavaNut calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB checks, JavaNut bets $40,000, BB folds.

Back up to 2-1.

He gets a little back before the last hand, perhaps he started to pick up on HU play:

Button $113,902
JavaNut $138,098
Blinds $2,000/$4,000, Time gentlemen, please, pfft, beer can #9.

Dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Preflop: Button raises $6,000, JavaNut raises to $30,000, Button calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
JavaNut bets $50,000, Button riases all-in $79,902, JavaNut calls $29,902.

Button shows 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Turn + river: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Beer #9 is going down a bit slowly, partly because I have already been drinking a bit, but mostly because I am quite full of myself by now.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I AIM'd him a few days ago. He's busier than a one-armed paper-hanger. He's not forgotten us, just ignoring us.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(i had written them down on my hand so i wouldn't forget them (lol)).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I might invest in a 99c pocket-sized notepad with my winnings to jot down notes. I was going to post a hand from the "other side" (ie, villain's eyes looking at me), but I can't remember the action. I might just make something up.

I should have stayed a little longer. I was going to cash at with my first 4-digit winnings (not 4-digit cashout) and then realized as I was stacking chips that the stacks that I thought were 20 were actually only 19, so I ended up with a paltry $989 victory instead. I guess I'll have to go back and try again.

I'm still a bit confused by the 19 stacks because there were at least 3 stacks out of the rack that I don't think I touched (bought in for $600, never dropped below $300), so at least *those* stacks should have been okay. Oh well...
Old 07-14-2007, 06:23 PM

nothin like winning 44bb when taking a shot at a new limit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yer, I need some medical advice. I think I did something bad to my finger, its all puffy and purple and [censored]. damn wii.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Mine Dribbles (NC Thread)

[ QUOTE ]
I plan some drunkern posting and/or nanolimit donkery in about, oh, 26 or 27 hours, so be sure to be here for that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, never made it home for this. I was seriously hammered, like so hammered you have to say it with five or six H's and with a heavy emphasis like it's a word in Hebrew.

I was hhhhhhhammered. And this morning I was hhhhhhhung over. Vodka is the devil.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:26 AM

Default Re: JavaNut on Hold\'em

Wow, I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] freerolls. Every time you did something dumb in one of these hands, your opponents did something dumber. Well, except for calling that all-in with KJo.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yer, I need some medical advice. I think I did something bad to my finger, its all puffy and purple and [censored]. damn wii.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time, don't siihp.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:07 AM

jimminy jesus christ on a hippity hop 6max is draining. Especially 4tabling it. I'm going to go play some FR to cool the brain down...
Closed Thread