Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Event #39 - 50K HORSE

[ QUOTE ]
I can only imagine that he did make a full house or something and knew there was no way he could beat Deeb. Hoping for lucky rush I guess?

[/ QUOTE ]

But look at Deebs board! lol. And he bet in the dark. How is Tran not calling in the dark for 30,000 here

That'd be one heck of a lucky rush. If he had ten times as many chips it'd be one heck of a lucky rush.

The only possible explanation is that maybe he thinks he can still move up a money spot somehow. Or these numbers are wrong. Or the hands have been reported wrong. It just makes no sense to me.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:27 PM

I wonder. It would be intresting to see exactly what he did in the early part of the tournament dring the Razz game. This tournament was obviously designed to be totally unforgiving of mistakes in the early stages. I'm sure that's why it was set up as it was. Anyone know if he played/won any Razz hands early on?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really want to see this Hanson fish bust soon.. wtf is up with this play??

[ QUOTE ]

Hand #22 - John Hanson

Hand #22 - (Omaha 8 or Better) Amnon Filippi has the button in seat 7, Fitoussi raises to 120,000, Hanson calls, Filippi calls from the button, and Tran calls from the big blind. The flop comes {K-Hearts}{9-Hearts}{9-Diamonds}, Tran bets 60,000, Fitoussi folds, Hanson calls, and Filippi folds. The turn card double-pairs the board with the {K-Spades}, Tran bets 120,000, Hanson raises to 240,000, and Tran calls. The river card is the {3-Hearts}, and both players check. Hanson shows A-K-x-x for trip kings with an ace kicker, and Tran mucks. John Hanson wins the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB bets out, ldo he's got the king beat

[/ QUOTE ]
Not obvious at all, that's a good flop to bluff at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but it'd still be a pretty risky bluff against three other opponents holding 4 cards imo. I know my AKxx would've been in the muck after that flop, especially with no draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not goiong to assume when an aggressive player bets out there, he has to have a 9. He could be on a draw, have a K, or be on a stone bluff. I'm going to call there just about every time with AKxx, getting 9 to 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was the last person to act, I might take a card off there, but I'm still not liking my hand.. Hanson may have had a gutshot too that I didn't take into consideration, but I'm thinking he's drawing very slim here regardless. That and the fact that Amnon is behind and still yet to act leads me to believe that surely one of these guys has to have the 9 and this isn't the spot I want to be in.
I dunno if strat posts are even supposed to be in this forum, but whatever, he still seems like a [censored] to me.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:41 PM

Deeb is great TV imo. Hopefully he has enough one liners like this one to keep things interesting (I'm blindly assuming the other players are vapid milquetoasts).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Table Talk: Cocktails

When Fredy Deeb turned over the nuts after he was all in, he shouted, "Cocktails! Time for a cognac, baby!"

A happy Deeb wanted to celebrate surviving his third all in over the last hour by partaking in a drink.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really want to see this Hanson fish bust soon.. wtf is up with this play??

[ QUOTE ]

Hand #22 - John Hanson

Hand #22 - (Omaha 8 or Better) Amnon Filippi has the button in seat 7, Fitoussi raises to 120,000, Hanson calls, Filippi calls from the button, and Tran calls from the big blind. The flop comes {K-Hearts}{9-Hearts}{9-Diamonds}, Tran bets 60,000, Fitoussi folds, Hanson calls, and Filippi folds. The turn card double-pairs the board with the {K-Spades}, Tran bets 120,000, Hanson raises to 240,000, and Tran calls. The river card is the {3-Hearts}, and both players check. Hanson shows A-K-x-x for trip kings with an ace kicker, and Tran mucks. John Hanson wins the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB bets out, ldo he's got the king beat

[/ QUOTE ]
Not obvious at all, that's a good flop to bluff at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but it'd still be a pretty risky bluff against three other opponents holding 4 cards imo. I know my AKxx would've been in the muck after that flop, especially with no draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not goiong to assume when an aggressive player bets out there, he has to have a 9. He could be on a draw, have a K, or be on a stone bluff. I'm going to call there just about every time with AKxx, getting 9 to 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was the last person to act, I might take a card off there, but I'm still not liking my hand.. Hanson may have had a gutshot too that I didn't take into consideration, but I'm thinking he's drawing very slim here regardless. That and the fact that Amnon is behind and still yet to act leads me to believe that surely one of these guys has to have the 9 and this isn't the spot I want to be in.
I dunno if strat posts are even supposed to be in this forum, but whatever, he still seems like a [censored] to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good O8 players tend to fold hands with a 9 in them, but yeah, it probably isn't the place to debate strategy, so that will be my final word on the subject.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:21 AM

I wonder if anyone still thinks this structure is too fast.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand #113 - (Razz)

Kenny Tran: 8-9-9-8
Bruno Fitoussi: J
John Hanson: Q
Freddy Deeb: A-2-2-A
Amnon Filippi: 5

3rd: Hanson brings it in for 30,000, Deeb limps, Tran completes to 120,000, Hanson folds, and Deeb calls.

4th: Deeb bets 120,000, and Tran calls.

5th: Deeb bets 240,000, and Tran calls.

6th: Deeb bets 240,000, and Tran calls.

7th: Deeb bets 240,000 in the dark, and Tran looks at his card and stands up in frustration. Deeb says, "Did you make a full house?" Tran is conflicted, but he folds. Freddy Deeb wins the pot, and shows 9-5-3 for a 9 low.

[/ QUOTE ]

from pokernews

Tran has 30,000 left after this fold

how can this possibly be true. he has better than 40-1 on that last call. What, he's gonna find a better spot for that 30,000? It's a bring in.

Edit: Honestly, the more I look at this, it just can't be right. What am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only imagine that he did make a full house or something and knew there was no way he could beat Deeb. Hoping for lucky rush I guess?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking forward to seeing this hand on TV.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:19 AM

Here's a razz hand Tran played yesterday. No way
Tran has ever played razz before this tourney.

[ QUOTE ]
Amnon Filippi vs. Kenny Tran

(Razz) Amnon Filippi and Kenny Tran are both vying for
the chip lead, and they clash in a big pot.

Filippi: X X {3s}{As}{5h}{J-h} X
Tran: X X {Ts}{9c}{Td}{Kc} X

3rd: Tran has the bring in for 10,000, Filippi completes
to 30,000, and Tran calls.

4th: Filippi bets 30,000, and Tran calls.

5th: Filippi bets 60,000, and Tran calls.

6th: Filippi bets 60,000, and Tran calls.

7th: Filippi bets 60,000, and Tran goes into the tank for
about a minute before he calls. Filippi shows 8-6-5 for
an eight low, and Tran mucks. Filippi takes down a big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-29-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a razz hand Tran played yesterday. No way
Tran has ever had a rational thought about poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. His play was gawdawful.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:05 AM

Is anybody else getting the nonstop Van Hagar on the audio stream?