Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Event #39 - 50K HORSE

Steve Wolff Eliminated in 12th Place ($117,216)

(Omaha 8 or Better) Barry Greenstein has the button in seat 8 at the ESPN Table. There is a raise and a reraise before the flop of {10-Hearts}{3-Clubs}{2-Diamonds}. It's checked to Wolff who moves all in from the cutoff for 30,000, Tomko calls from the big blind, Tran raises to 70,000, and Tomko calls. The turn card pairs the board with the {10-Diamonds}, and both players check. The river card is the {A-Clubs}, Tomko bets 80,000, and Tran calls. Tomko shows A-10 for a full house, tens full of aces, and Tran shows 6-4 for a 6-4-3-2-A low. Wolff mucks his cards, unable to beat either hand, and Tomko and Tran split the entire pot.

Steve Wolff is eliminated in 12th place, earning $117,216.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:33 PM

Dewey Tomko is playing very solidly. I haven't read anything about him playing poorly in a big pot in the last three days now and his chip stack just keeps growing. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tomko in the top 3.

Glad to see David Singer playing well, too. One of the nicest guys I've played with despite his douchebag persona that comes off on TV.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dewey Tomko is playing very solidly. I haven't read anything about him playing poorly in a big pot in the last three days now and his chip stack just keeps growing. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tomko in the top 3.

Glad to see David Singer playing well, too. One of the nicest guys I've played with despite his douchebag persona that comes off on TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Singer has never struck me has having much persona at all on TV, except for having all those weird rings. BTW, how old is Singer? According to Hendon Mob, he was runner-up in a WSOP event in 1983.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really hope Thor Hansen takes this down, he's a great player, especially when it comes to non hold'em games. Is the final table NLHE like last year?.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally some love for Thor Hansen! Here's a guy who's been winning bracelets since the 80's, is good at every kind of poker, and already has 4 cashes (not including this one) and 2 final tables in this year's WSOP. He's easily the 3rd best player left in this tourney and all anyone can talk about is JustinZee and Fossilman.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the final table NLHE like last year?.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone?
Old 06-27-2007, 10:53 PM

It's going to be HORSE all the way thru.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Singer has never struck me has having much persona at all on TV, except for having all those weird rings. BTW, how old is Singer? According to Hendon Mob, he was runner-up in a WSOP event in 1983.

[/ QUOTE ]
Has to have been a different David Singer. According to this article in Card Player, he didn't start in tournaments until 1997. Besides, there's no way he's in his 50s.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's going to be HORSE all the way thru.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, thats good news. I'm really looking forward to watching the ESPN broadcast.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:03 PM

I'm curious to see how much of the Omaha/8 and stud/8 rounds ESPN will show. The seem to have a real phobia about covering split-pot poker.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:11 PM

Looks like Barry's on a mission now. i have to think the current short-handed game is very much to his liking.

After Chip, he's the obvious person to win this thing.