Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 02:00 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: Headphones!!!

Redrooski,

Unless you have a 200 dollar+ headphone amp you wont be taking full advantage of the 650s. The 650s have a lower impedance and therefore need more power than the 595s, so the 595s are much better out of a portable player or computer sound card.

bozzer,

If you want those headphones, but with some seal to prevent noise from leaking either in or out, try the sennheiser PX200 as it is a sealed version of the PX100. For this same purpose I used to use AKG K27ps.

emil,

GO WAKE UP EMIL!

Also, I know very little about wireless headphones, but everything I have heard indicated that Sennheiser is currently doing the best job. I think they would sound like 10-20% worse.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If you want those headphones, but with some seal to prevent noise from leaking either in or out, try the sennheiser PX200 as it is a sealed version of the PX100. For this same purpose I used to use AKG K27ps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tip. I can't find any K27ps, but i can find K26 and K27i. How do these stack up against the PX200s?

The reviews on amazon seem to suggest a lack of bass in the PX200s. I don't listen to particularly bassy music so thats not as big an issue as it is for some.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:59 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

I mistyped, I had the AKG k26p.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mistyped, I had the AKG k26p.

[/ QUOTE ]

any thoughts on them? the PX200s seem to be very high variance (love/hate) from the reviews i've read, so if the AKGs are decent I might just get those.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:51 PM

I liked the k26p's quite a bit and used them on the bus almost every morning. The fold up into about palm of your hand size, which is really nice when youre on the go and dont want to ruin your headphones. The only reason I got rid of mine is that I needed some I could use for running around playing soccer too, so i got some earbuds.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

emil,

GO WAKE UP EMIL!

Also, I know very little about wireless headphones, but everything I have heard indicated that Sennheiser is currently doing the best job. I think they would sound like 10-20% worse.

[/ QUOTE ]
tyty will probably go by that recommendation
Old 11-03-2007, 10:58 AM

i have been using the Sennheiser rs140 wireless headphones for a week now and I love them. I am not an audiophile and don't really have any basis of comparison but they are very comfortable and almost completely block out all the ambient noise in the office.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:30 PM

PITTM,
I just broke my headphones and I'm looking for a new pair. I'm willing to spend like $500 maybe a bit more but not much more.

I use my headphones mainly when playing internet poker, live poker, and just walking to and from class. I'm not the most careful person in the world so they will likely get banged up so I need a durable pair. As well I would like them to meet the following criteria.

Closed headphones, if they are semi-open its not really much of a problem but I basically just don't want my music to be heard by other people. Especially because I'll use them at the library and stuff.
I do not want ear buds or canal headphones because I find them uncomfortable.
I do not want anything that requires an amp/expensive sound card because I don't have any of that and I'm not looking on spending like 1k+ on this.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:37 PM

PITTM,
My PMX 60 Sennheiser headphones just broke. What similar headphones under ~80$ would you recommend (not earbuds) for walking around with mp3 player?

All my headphones get their wires messed up near the jack and I lose sound in my left ear as a result; second consecutive time that ahs happened to me.

Thank you…
Old 11-08-2007, 02:00 PM

oops, looks like a missed a couple questions while I was gone.

Eagles,

I would look at the Beyerdynamic DT 250-80. Be sure you get the 250-80 and not the 250-250 as that model would need to be amplified. The upsides with this phone is that it is sealed, is pretty durable, has great sound(made by the 2nd best headphone company imo), and are actually a pretty sweet price.

Two other good ones to look at are:

Ultrasone HFI-700 (note: ultrasone is probably the biggest company whos headphones I have never heard, but I've heard a lot of good about this one.

Experimental Choice:
Sennheiser Noise Cancelling Headphones These are fairly new and I haven't seen many reviews, however, if i still traveled as much as I once did I would buy these now.

Sightless,

With your question i knew the answer before I even went to look to make sure I was right about the model number. I heard this headphone 1.5 years ago and I thought "jesus, for that price, seriously?"

Sennheiser EH350