View Poll Results: What would you do with AA here
All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 05:11 AM

Default Re: .

Tufat23, Msgloo, snowbank and another just spent 3 days here in Phuket. Those dudes were wild fun!

Crazy balla, flippin and prop bettin everything!

Beware that Tufat23 dude though, he be one crazy smart dude! He owned me at connect 4 and I own bargirls and barstaff!

PS Enjoy FMP boys and good luck tufat23 at Macau APPT!
Old 11-23-2007, 10:59 AM

Great thread, read the whole damn thing and im convinced, I just need one question answered.

Is it possible to RENT an actual motorcycle? (not a scooter/motorbike) and how much would it possibly be?
Old 11-23-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great thread, read the whole damn thing and im convinced, I just need one question answered.

Is it possible to RENT an actual motorcycle? (not a scooter/motorbike) and how much would it possibly be?

[/ QUOTE ]
Most likely, and I have no clue about price... You dont want to drive one in Bangkok though...
Old 11-23-2007, 11:04 PM

Going to Koh Samui for 3+ months in February. I know everybody said to just get a property when searching on the ground but myself and another 2p2er have found a pretty good place with broadband/ocean view etc on the north east of the island. Haven't booked it yet but will probably do so next week.

2 beds, 2 bathrooms with Sat TV. This is around 45k baht per month and i assume that doesnt include all the other stuff added on top of it. Are we getting completely ripped off here or not? It just seems to me that there can only be a limited amount of property there and even less that fit all the requirements so i might be being a bit of a vag but i dont really want to rock up there and have to change plans before we even get started because there's nothing suitable. any help on this is greatly appreciated.

We are both decent winners at 2/4-5/10 so an extra 20k baht a month or whatever isnt that big a deal but it's the principle i suppose.

Also if anyone is living there atm could they him me up on AIM at FletcherNineteen ? it would be an awesome help and i'll make sure to get the beers in when we arrive [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Fletch
Old 11-23-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can rent them almost anywhere on Patong beach in Phuket (and other beaches, but they're really everywhere there) and in most places on Samui if I remember. Just be careful, I've seen more falang on big bikes vs trucks than I care to remember. Great way to see the beaches and cruise over jungley hills though.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:26 PM

cheap beach-area small apt for a single guy. how much usd per month approx?
Old 11-24-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just be careful, I've seen more falang on big bikes vs trucks than I care to remember

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean? You've actually seen people getting hit by trucks?

Having just arrived in bangkok, I can't imagine riding a bike here... but would you advise against it in smaller towns and rural areas?

I ride a motorcycle back in the states fwiw.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:24 AM

You can rent Harleys in Phuket and probably other places.

I linked to the two best Bangkok tailors in the last month.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:30 AM

can u pm it to me whoiam?
my internet in this apartment blows and i can't use the search function.
plus everything is so slow it would take me 2hours to find it
i need to get a tailored shirt.

Im leaving for the loy krathong festival @ pattaya right now.
Should be fun

byebye past sins
Old 11-24-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just be careful, I've seen more falang on big bikes vs trucks than I care to remember

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean? You've actually seen people getting hit by trucks?

Having just arrived in bangkok, I can't imagine riding a bike here... but would you advise against it in smaller towns and rural areas?

I ride a motorcycle back in the states fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Bikes (and Jeeps) vs trucks. Dudes on bikes that can't control them sliding on wet roads. Mangled wreckage of bikes.

I wouldn't necessarily advise against it, especially knowing you ride a bike back home, but I think a lot of people can't handle the power of the bike (maybe they've just been riding scooters and can't handle the big bikes) or the roads are too chaotic for them or they're drunk. I don't know. People get dumb over there or don't understand the Thai rules for driving, I'm not sure. There are something like 10,000 accidents (car and bike) involving tourists every year on Phuket, and about 175 die. The Phuket Gazette always has some morbid numbers.

I've also heard that sometimes the big bikes get abused, so be sure to keep a number on you for the bike rental place incase it [censored] out on you on a big hill. I am also not really sure on the insurance policies.

I was once in Phuket for bike week (http://www.phuketbikeweek.com/), that was pretty awesome. I think a lot of people rent bikes and tour the North as well. It is still a great way to see the island, and a fun way to get around (the roads are amazing, hairpinned, curvy, elephants are spotted, etc etc) so just be cautious, I guess.

Check out:
http://www.trv.net/bigbike/index.htm
Or visit Patong BigBike. Their website is under construction, but they are on 39/18 Rat-U-Thit Rd. just near
Patong beach.
Also you might want to read this for a bit of info on the driving rules, fueling up etc on Phuket
http://www.knowphuket.com/driving.htm
Closed Thread