View Poll Results: What would you do with AA here
All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

how much baht per month is required for a semi comfy lifestyle OUTSIDE of bangkok. Near the beach.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:22 PM

Is it illegal to play online poker there? I would like to go there, play for a living, have a place to stay near the beach, is this possible?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone give me details about the jungle treks and river treks I've heard about. I'm heading to Thailand soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many companies offer treks, but some are much better than others. A lot of places talk to you then send you off to some random guy and you follow him around with 10 other people like sheep. You don't go far from Chiang Mai with those guys, and the villages are far from authentic. You definitely get what you pay for when it comes to treks.

I will post more about this when I have a bit more time, but here's a preview:

Old 10-23-2007, 05:33 PM

Have any of you eaten at the huge seafood place? I dunno the name, apperently it has a sign that says if it swims we have. You pick out the fish a they cook it? I saw it on Anothony Bourdaine's show, it looks absurdly delicious. Also can you guys suggest any good Korean BBQ?

On a side note, for whomever is going to be around late Nov to the end of Dec. we should hang out. I def can't wait to come.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone give me details about the jungle treks and river treks I've heard about. I'm heading to Thailand soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many companies offer treks, but some are much better than others. A lot of places talk to you then send you off to some random guy and you follow him around with 10 other people like sheep. You don't go far from Chiang Mai with those guys, and the villages are far from authentic. You definitely get what you pay for when it comes to treks.

I will post more about this when I have a bit more time, but here's a preview:

[/ QUOTE ]

cool thanks. ya would definitely be interested in more info. do you just kill animals and walk through the jungle? or what is it that you do? from people who pmed me a while back if i remember correctly they seemed to really recommend it, so trying to get an idea if i'd like it.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Lawyering

Any 2+2 associates/paralegals/solos work in Thailand? Any associates at DLA Piper, Latham & Watkins, etc? TR? What is the quality of life there vs. cravel type firms in the US?

I'm thinking of moving there and could probably swing it just doing outsourced work but it would be pretty cool to really get into the business & legal culture out there...

also, how [censored] baller a lifestyle can you have on a $200-230k income in a place like thailand? Crazy baller or moderately baller?
Old 10-23-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Lawyering

Jungle treking/adventure travel might be better in Laos. You'll probably get more bang for your buck and the experience would be more authentic due to the country (especially the rural areas) being less developed. There's everything from anthropological ethnic discovery tours to hanging out with elephants to living in a network of tree houses connected with rappel lines. Try this site and google for more info.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:37 AM

how much for semi comfy life outside of bangkok near the beach? baht per month? ~ about
Old 10-24-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how much for semi comfy life outside of bangkok near the beach? baht per month? ~ about

[/ QUOTE ]
Without knowing it, I would guess its the same as Bangkok in the way that in Bangkok you can have that for 7K baht or 50K baht without there being much of a difference...
Old 10-24-2007, 01:52 AM

so I tried a midget trip report:
-was actually 1m45 so 50cm difference with me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] basically my palm is bigger than her whole hand - to me that counts as midget [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
-non pay4play kind. told me her ex was a 40yo unemployed UK guy, wtf [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] (she was 25)
-somehow was waiting for Chris Hansen to walk in on us [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] screw!ng someone so small is, like, weird
-anything else than midget on top is just not that practical [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

basically, interesting but not that good.

oh, I've met several "older" girls (like 25-35) with good jobs - architect, doctor, business owner (real business, not pad thai stall) either single or dating a 50yo white dude cuz they can't find anyone suitable, this makes me sad [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] (even though it makes things easier for "us")
Closed Thread