Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 08:00 AM

Default 1/2NL live: bottom boat in limped pot facing river action

<font color="blue"> Villain in hand is generally rather loose, likes to call a lot and take small stabs when shown weakness. He also likes to slowplay some hands after the flop. Sometimes he switches gears and becomes more aggressive, but overall, more loose-passive. I'd say he's a pretty decent hand-reader, but likes to make some big hero calls.
</font>
I just started off the night and only bought in for 100. Villain has about the same stack.

7-handed game. 4 players limp to me. I'm on the BB with 44, I check. Villain is in SB.

Flop 4-way (10): 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain checks. I bet 8. Everyone else folds. Villain calls.
<font color="blue">This board is good for my hand. I bet out in the hopes that someone has a 6x, [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s, or 57. I might even get raised by a 6, at which point I would be very happy! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] </font>

Turn HU (26): A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villain checks. I check.
<font color="blue">
Normally I'd bet out here, but I thought villain's hand was extremely weak. At best, I thought he had a FD, but most likely an open ender or maybe some type of midPP. I was hoping he'd bet out the river then I could push him allin. Plus, the A could be a scare card, and I didn't want to let him off the hook just yet. He knows that I rarely double barrel with air. Although in retrospect, maybe I could bet out small here to make stacks easier to get in on river.</font>

River HU (26): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain leads for 20. Villain says, "I hit the 8". I shove.
<font color="blue">I thought villain could have 6x, 68, 57, 8x [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or Ax [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. From the way I played the hand, it's either I have a monster or air. There should be a good chance he can make a hero call with A or 57 or maybe even 8x. </font>

Is my line okay? Does anyone else play differently? Please comment on all streets.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Re: 1/2NL live: bottom boat in limped pot facing river action

must bet the turn. the majority of the value in the hand comes on the turn. we need to get money out of draws that woudlnt be calling a bet on the river.

so fire $22 on the turn, get some value, start working stacks in. ur 50bb deep...ur not folding, so get stacks in ASAP...
Old 11-24-2007, 06:17 PM

I'd bet the turn for at least $15. I'd want trip 6s to crai, and I'd want flush draws or even straight draws to talk themselves into calling so they can stack off if they hit (and pay a little more to miss).

As played, I'd call the river. I suppose he might have 86 or 88, but oh well. He'd have probably gone all in with 86 if you'd bet the turn and sucked out on you anyway. It's not as if you can get away from this hand given the stack sizes.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:59 PM

You can't ever check this turn. There are way way too many hands that you can extract value from here. Not only this but there are tons of overpair hands that are only going to put more money in the pot if you let them get there. For example 88, which is certainly possible in a 1/2NL game. You want a slowplayed 6 to raise you and you want some value from the rest of the hands that probably are not going to be the river unless they hit. You can argue a turn check if you are OOP and the villan is aggro. As played you have to call the river. If you got unlucky throw your hands up and rebuy.