Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Canterbury 30 hand

So I come home for the weekend to make some gambooooool and proceed to blow my brains out.

I didnt play particularly well, and obviously ran like [censored] so that sucked. But it was fun to play with all my friends and see everyone.

On to the hand.

Pretty good 30 game where i am stuck like a million.

Some idiot limps UTG, pokerbob (solid, pretty big winner in the game) raises, I three bet KK, folded to bb who is bad and he calls 2 cold, utg calls, pbob 4 bets, i cap, all call.

Flop:
K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked to me, i bet, all call.

Turn:
K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked to pbob who donks, i raise, bb calls 2 cold, utg calls 2 cold, pbob deliberates and 3 bets, i 4 bet, both of the idiots call 2 more cold, pokerbob folds.

River:

K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB and utg check to me, I...?

The rest of the hand look alright?
Old 10-16-2007, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Canterbury 30 hand

I think the turn is a bit overplayed; I wouldn't usually 4-bet into three people when a straight and flush are both possible. You really need a read for that to be correct, though it's not costing you much equity even if you ARE behind given how many people are in...as for the river,I can't see a worst hand calling you enough to merit betting...
Old 10-16-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the turn is a bit overplayed; I wouldn't usually 4-bet into three people when a straight and flush are both possible. You really need a read for that to be correct, though it's not costing you much equity even if you ARE behind given how many people are in...as for the river,I can't see a worst hand calling you enough to merit betting...

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm 4-betting the turn for sure. pbob isn't 4-betting PF with AT or AJs so hero always has him beat. (did pb fold QQ??) the other two guys are described as dumb and they're just calling so there's no reason to put them on straights or flushes
Old 10-16-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the turn was an interesting spot i thought. there are several things that make it interesting.

A. Pokerbob never has me beat. There is no hand that he 4 bets pflop that has me beat. I'm like 98% certain he had QQ.

B. The bb never has a flush, because hes retarded and wouldve raised/4 bet/ put in as much money as possible on the flop with a fdraw.

C. However, i think that it is possible, however unlikely that either of the idiots miiiiiight have T9/AT, but even that is unlikely.

D. The utg guy made a mention on the turn when he called the intial 2 cold like "well i might be drawing dead"
Old 10-16-2007, 01:53 PM

bakku, I get your drift and you're probably right that you're unlikely to be behind pokerbob (but certainly not impossible). Still, on that board, it seems like a stretch to think that you're NORMALLY ahead of all three players...but maybe you're right, I could definitely be convinced that it's a clear 4-bet. I just think someone usually pops up with at least a passively played straight.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:19 PM

*grunch*

The first 3 streets look great to me. pbob's bet-3-bet on the turn is scary, but I just can't put him on a hand that is beating us. I wonder if he made a sick laydown with QQ.

I think we have to bet the river, although I don't love doing it. With two clowns in the hand and a huge pot - these guys will be pretty much forced to call with any piece of the board at all. If raised, we have to make the crying call getting 30:1. And then literally start crying once one of the knuckleheads turns over 9To.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:32 PM

I like the turn. Even if we're behind we have almost enough equity to be raising.

I can't see betting the river. The 9 makes any T a straight, and I have 2 opponents that put 4 bets in on the turn.

Even though they are idiots, I would expect a straight or a baby flush to be in one of their hands an awful lot. I think one of the idiots probably has him beat, but is scared by all the action.

Check down the river.

[ QUOTE ]
*grunch*

The first 3 streets look great to me. pbob's bet-3-bet on the turn is scary, but I just can't put him on a hand that is beating us. I wonder if he made a sick laydown with QQ.

I think we have to bet the river, although I don't love doing it. With two clowns in the hand and a huge pot - these guys will be pretty much forced to call with any piece of the board at all. If raised, we have to make the crying call getting 30:1. And then literally start crying once one of the knuckleheads turns over 9To.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-16-2007, 02:55 PM

Im sure Pbob had QQ. Anyway, I think the turn 4 bet is ok since we have a good chance to improve if we are behind, but I cant shake the feeling that we are beat. These idiots are terrible hand readers and you and Pbob are tight for the most part. When they see you going 3 and 4bets on the big streets they will clam up with straights and all but the 2nd and nut flush. Bottom line you are beat alot here. You can fire again if you want since you probably wont be raised and pray that one guy had the nut spade draw and the other guy had a set of 2s, but I think the stars would have to be in perfect alignment for that to be the case.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:23 AM

if you've got 3 of the Ks and Pbob had 3 of the qs, how many hands does that leave for these guys to pay you off with?

My guess is Tx is more likely than a 2-pair making a crying call.

i think the rest of the hand is fine but im shocked that pbob would fold QQQ getting 27:1 closing the action. that's just absurd.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:18 PM

too me it seems like kind of an easy fold with QQ other then the fact that you are folding 2nd set in a huge pot.

pbob knows that i know that he has QQQ (or that his hand looks like QQQ), and that i only 4 bet this turn with KKK, because i cant have a flush/straight. Therefore he can be very sure he has 1 out making this a relatively easy fold IMO.

Though i wouldnt be disciplined enough to fold it. I probably wouldnt have 3 bet in his and wouldve lost one more BB.