Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 04:55 AM

Default middle pair to second pair to crappy flush

12-24 I think I mighta screwed up this one.

UTG is pretty laggy PF (over-valuing easily dominated hands and small), but somewhat more tight passive post-flop (in the "tries to play well" sort of way).

UTG+1 is decent but too loose PF.

MP1 is the perfect fish - very loose, passive enough that you usually know exactly where you stand, and gives off very reliable tells (or the "not acting" sort). Will occasionally bluff or bet draws, but rarely.

MP2 is loose-passive PF but more agressive post-flop. She love to bet and raise her draws on the flop, makes some dubious free card plays with things like middle pair, and loves to semi-bluff turned draws.

SB is okay.

My image is tight and running well.

PF Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG raises, UTG+1 calls, fold, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, fold, fold, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 players, 12 SB)
checks around

Turn T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 players, 6 BB)
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 raises, SB folds, call, call.

River T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players, 12 SB)
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets, Hero calls

MP1 really looked like he doesn't like his hand when I called.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:12 AM

Default Re: middle pair to second pair to crappy flush

Even with the reads and size of the pot, fold the turn.

I hate having to go into OP's intent, but it sounds alot like justifying the play.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:11 AM

Yeah, why did you call the turn raise? Villain raised multiple players; he's not kidding. Get out of his way on the turn.

As played, I'd fold the river; his "not wanting you to call" look, even if accurate, could easily be a queen high flush sort of hand. If you got lucky and were against 67s or something, cool, but that's going to be a massive exception here.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:18 AM

Fold the turn once MP1 calls and MP2 raises you have some terrible reverse implied odds.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:02 PM

I would bet the flop. You have been running well, you probably have the best hand and you are going to a call if it is bet anyway. This hand obviously plays out differently if you did.

On the turn you are probably thinking that if MP2 had a spade she would have bet the flop given your read. When she raises the turn you figure your spade may be live and she may check the river down anyway for a free showdown and your hand may be good. Obviously, MP1 is loose and could have anything.

If this pot were bigger I would say go with your reads on this one. In this situation I don't think is is worth it and agree that your reverse implied odds are not good here.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:29 PM

Thanks all for the input.

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the flop. You have been running well, you probably have the best hand and you are going to a call if it is bet anyway. This hand obviously plays out differently if you did.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno about this. I checked because I think the flop often goes bet, call, call or bet, raise and I can away from my hand pretty easily.

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn you are probably thinking that if MP2 had a spade she would have bet the flop given your read. When she raises the turn you figure your spade may be live and she may check the river down anyway for a free showdown and your hand may be good. Obviously, MP1 is loose and could have anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking. I also thought there was some chance that she was screwing around with a hand like JQ and that my 8s may be good.

[ QUOTE ]
If this pot were bigger I would say go with your reads on this one. In this situation I don't think is is worth it and agree that your reverse implied odds are not good here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm effectively getting 11:1 on my call (MP1 is never folding and never check-raising there) - you don't think that's enough with potentially 9 outs and a small but real chance of being good already?

I'm a little confused as to why people are talking about RIO in this spot. I mean, I'm never going to spend more than one bet on the river so my downside is limited, and I think I can get a crying call out of one of the two loose players if I hit and I'm good. I would think that the RIO are basically a wash here.

So everyone likes the turn bet?

Thanks again for the input.