Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2007, 11:25 AM

Default Downswing

Ok from an initial $20 deposit 6 weeks ago I grinded it up to over $600 playing full ring cash. I'm not stupid I have a first class degree in maths. This is not another post of someone blaming their losses on bad luck unjustly. I'm not joking every day for the last two weeks bar a three day respite in the middle I have been bombarded by bad beats and bad luck. And I mean bombarded.

The last day takes the biscuit.

AA beaten every time. Yes every time.

Only got to play KK ONCE and the one time I do I get crushed vs AA.

AK all in vs donkey with A10 I lose.

Trips all in on flop he hits his three outer.

I flop a full house, I build up the 4 way pot nice and big thinking to myself finally some luck and he hits his full house on the river.

Playing versus an over aggro opponent, he already forced me out of a pot earlier and has done it to others. I reraise strong with my AK and miss, he makes his usual flop bluff which I re-raise and he reluctantly calls. He tries again on the turn and I re-raise again with nothing. I think by the river hold on he may have hit and actually he checks and shows he had 45 suited and hit his 4 on the river.

Another I have A7 flop 772 get it all in opponent shows 73 and hits a 3 on the turn.

It is ridiculous, my run of bad luck lately is just insane, those described are all within the last 24 hours. This cannot be normal. If I wasn't winning small pots I would be broke and the very ocassional big pot I would be broke ( i run like lose 4 big pots win a few small pots and a big pot, lose another 4 big pots win a few small pots etc)

I am owed a period now where the opponent doesn't hit their outs much. I want to play tournaments but I can't. I just know I'll get all the run of people not hitting their outs in one tourney all together which isn't what I want I want money from hands not to win a tourney by a country mile.

I'm a logical person I have thought to myself maybe I am playing terribly but I look back at the hands and I am favourite in

STOP: I am playing just one table now and guess what happens? Yes you guessed it. That's it I'm stopping for the next few days... maybe quitting.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] X infinity