Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Dean Video: Bluff vs Llama

BZ I find it interesting I completely agree with you in this thread but you laughed at me in the Schneids J9 hand. I feel the hands have some similarities.

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-31-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also just to clarify things, against many opponents (those who do peel lightly here, which is about 60% of high stakes palyers) im betting any 2 on the turn

of course if i think my oppt is very tight and will fold this without A high or better then i'll just check behind and hope to spike something

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you mean that if you know your opponent's flop peel means A hi or better, then you check the turn, otherwise you bet the turn with any 2?
Old 07-31-2007, 11:44 AM

yeah basically if my oppt is the type who always has a showdownable hand after calling the flop i just check the turn cuz its a waste to bet IMO
Old 07-31-2007, 11:45 AM

also dont try to play like me its sick high variance. u'll run 5BB/100 for 30K hands then breakeven for 60K hands. i guess its still a good winrate overall but the BE streaks are painful
Old 07-31-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also dont try to play like me its sick high variance. u'll run 5BB/100 for 30K hands then breakeven for 60K hands. i guess its still a good winrate overall but the BE streaks are painful

[/ QUOTE ]

??? from the few hundred hands we've played together it seems to me you play pretty much ABC poker. what do you think you do differently than the other tags?
Old 07-31-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

??? from the few hundred hands we've played together it seems to me you play pretty much ABC poker. what do you think you do differently than the other tags?

[/ QUOTE ]

compare my posts in this thread and the other thread with DpRs posts about how bad my logic is haha

also my "thing" is that i bluff a lot, make really big folds, and make really loose calldowns
Old 07-31-2007, 12:52 PM

also im more passive than 90% of TAGs
Old 08-01-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BZ I find it interesting I completely agree with you in this thread but you laughed at me in the Schneids J9 hand. I feel the hands have some similarities.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

DD, the hands have definite similarities, but on one board people fold, and on another board people don't fold.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

DD, the hands have definite similarities, but on one board people fold, and on another board people don't fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - people fold on the J9 hand board, so how bad can my turn 3 bet idea be?

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-01-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - people fold on the J9 hand board, so how bad can my turn 3 bet idea be?

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know exactly what you're getting at. the reason i think it's bad is because nearly every time he raises that turn he has a either a showdownable hand or a hand that will see the river and you'll be firing a 3BB bluff for a relatively small pot and will be winning it far less than you're supposed to.

on the FLOP however you should be checkraising at least some % because its a hard to hit flop and its also a hard to peel flop, and hes literally betting the flop w/ 100% of his hands. we can't say the same about the turn.

in THIS case the board is much harder to hit and much less likely to scare oppts. literally 90% of players at mid/high stakes go into insta calldown mode when checkraised on this turn. its exploitable but not by bluffing them.

so basically while i agree that the other hand is much more bluffable i think when he raises the turn we're in the same [censored] hole we are in this hand when we raise the turn