Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > Stoxpoker.com

Old 10-09-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Full ring vids

I play almost exclusively live, so most of my play is full ring limit hold em. I joined stoxpoker a few days ago, and like the vids a lot, but I was a bit disappointed to see there weren't many fullring vids.
2 questions:
-Is it possible to get more fullring vids up?
-How beneficial do you think 6max vids are for a fullring player?
Old 10-09-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Full ring vids

This is a request that certainly comes up from time to time. Part of the reason the videos are weighted so heavily towards 6 max play is because of the popularity of 6 max online, but also because the skills focused on in 6 handed play are often more complicated concepts which are still necessary to mastering full ring play, whereas much of the content in a full ring video is often elementary, since there is generally little room for interaction in situations where hand ranges are extremely tight.

There are still some very ring-only concepts which are missed by the 6 max content, however (such as when to open-limp early and a focus on big multi-way pots) and I think one thing we do sometimes forget is that the live crowd almost plays ring exclusively. I'll consult with Nick and see what we can do about this in the future.