Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: SofaMart clowns me, what to do?

"The store purchases the product or whatever from the supplier, then resells it at a marked up price."

You are sure that the products are marked up more than $200. Of course they make money on regular sales, but every single piece of furniture in the store has a $200 markup?

"I'm saying its at least somewhat likely that they could have decided to sell it for more money to someone who didn't try to haggle it down from them."

So they agreed to sell it, but instead of putting the sign on it the manager called everyone around and announced that they had given somebody a $150 break on the price of the floor model over there and that if the opportunity arose to sell it again to somebody else for more than $550 they should take it? The store is that hard up for $150, yet when they make a mistake their first offer is $200 credit. That seems to be a fairly terrible business model.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:41 AM

do you 12 table and setmine 25nl?

LOLNITZ
Old 08-29-2007, 03:25 PM

Go back, act happy, use your $200 voucher to buy the new couch. Schedule delivery for the next day, write a check and shake their hand.

Then when you get home transfer all the money out of your checking account. When they call you a week later, tell them "Oh I forgot I bought your couch and spent that money on something else. I don't have any money for you now, but I promise to overpay by $200 next time I buy a couch from you guys.".
Old 08-29-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Go back, act happy, use your $200 voucher to buy the new couch. Schedule delivery for the next day, write a check and shake their hand.

Then when you get home transfer all the money out of your checking account. When they call you a week later, tell them "Oh I forgot I bought your couch and spent that money on something else. I don't have any money for you now, but I promise to overpay by $200 next time I buy a couch from you guys.".

[/ QUOTE ]
They gave him a refund, so this isn't really a good analogy. You would have to give the couch back in order for this to make sense.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They gave him a refund, so this isn't really a good analogy. You would have to give the couch back in order for this to make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

punitive damages.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be theft. Not only did SofaMart not steal anything from OP, they gave him $200. Better luck next time.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be theft. Not only did SofaMart not steal anything from OP, they gave him $200. Better luck next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you consider giving OP's property to another person, then in a way they certainly did steal from OP. I hope he hasn't accepted their refund yet.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only a good analogy if when they call back you also give them their couch back in perfect shape without using it.

edit: I see this has been covered while I was reading.

This entire thread blows my mind, they even give you a 200$ comp, and you're saying they "clowned" you? Jesus people have a sense of self entitlement.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:38 PM

Guys, it was a joke. I'm neither advocating he does this nor maintaining it was an accurate analogy.

But seriously, I'd be kinda mad and go bitch at a manager for a while in person. Tell them to try real hard and imagine it's a year later when this new colored couch is suddenly only worth $700.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:43 PM

If I go to a restaurant and order something on the menu, and five minutes later they come back to tell me they're all out, I'm pretty happy with a free dessert.

And I realize that there's more at stake here - i.e. you paid for the couch already, signed a contract, etc. But seriously, why does everyone think their entitled to reap maximum penalty from what was likely an innocent mistake? I hate corporate incompetence as much as the next guy, but I still think they made good with the $200 credit plus refund.