Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Lucky? I got a DUI, then..*Edited*

Here's a little background about myself..I had no criminal record (to my knowledge), I was on probabtion for a year and had to complete one hundred hours of community service for "assault with a dangerous weapon," and the Massachusetts courts said that my record would be cleaned as long as I stayed out of trouble while I was on probation and finished the community service hours, which I did..

A little more than three months ago I moved down to Greenville,NC to live with a friend of mine who goes to ECU..my plan was to go to community college and work, party, etc..I had been down there for a few weeks and got a DUI..I got the cops attention by going the wrong way on a one way street after dropping off someone at the corner of it (so I was going the wrong way for like two seconds), bottom line I F'd up..I either wasn't doing the breathalizer correct or the cop wasn't happy with the reading he was getting so after the third time he said that I was "refusing the breathalizer and automically lost my license for one year," at that point I became pissed and it called killed my buzz for good because I was trying to blow into the thing..at this point he took me to the hospital where I took a blood test (three monts later and I still don't know what my BAC level was and I guess it can take up to six months)..so the charges I got were: underage DUI,open container and "wreckless driving"..the next night I got a "drinking ticket," for drinking on a bus..kind of a slap on the wrist but still doesn't look good nonetheless..

Fast forward four weeks..I'm chillin out with some friends at a restaurant drinking a few brews but I end up getting a little ticked off because we were suppose to go to a party but all they want to do is chill and watch a soccer game and since we have MLB extra innings at the house I decide to take my case of Bud Select from my friends car and walk one mile to a mile and a half to our house and just watch the baseball games..I'm from MA and a pretty diehard sox fan..anyways, so I end up leaving the house having probably only four beers over the course of a couple hours to get some snacks..on the way back from the store a cop notices me wearing no seatbelt and pulls me over..I'm honest with him from the get-go telling him that I got a DUI less than a month ago..at that time he tells me that he smells alcohol on my breath and that he's going to call for a breathalizer..

At this time he tells me to get out of the car and I'm thinking F here we go again but all he has me do is sit in the front sit of his SUV..when the cop with the breathalizer comes I end up blowing a 0.03 and they talk it over (pretty much talking about whether they're going to F me over or not), so the cop seats in the front seat and tells me that I need to call a friend to pick up my car..the ticket read "alcohol still in system," but I was obviously never arrested or even put into handcuffs and from what I've heard I probably should've been looking at a mandatory sentence of sixty days if not more because I was driving with a revoked license and underage when both things happend..has something similiar happend to anyone? Did I get extremely lucky or is this pretty standard since I only blew a 0.03 (which is still above the legal limit since I was under the age of twenty-one when it happend).

I ended up getting a lawyer and moving back home..all said and done I'll lose my license for no more than a year, won't be on probabtion, won't have to go back down to NC for court and will have to take some drunk-driving courses here in MA..my lawyer got it continued until the BAC test results come back.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Lucky? I got a DUI, then..

Old 11-27-2007, 06:06 PM

paragraphs.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:07 PM

Sounds to me like you are very lucky.

That's probably unfortunate for you though because you obviously need to do hard time to learn any type of lesson.

Best of luck not dying in the next 3 years.

Did the DUI break your enter key?

Next time use this

I can't read this, but in before "OMG, drunk drivers should be put to death!"

waaaait.... you were going to college