Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: Do you think poker is a game involving skill?
Yes 1 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2007, 01:26 AM

Default Re: chopsticks, fried rice, white people

Vyse,

Does whether or not they bring a fork impact their slim chances of receiving a tip?
Old 11-25-2007, 01:34 AM

if they don't bring a fork i'm obviously eating and walking out without paying. like i'm gonna eat with chopsticks. those are for chinks.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:56 AM

lol at the person who invented chop sticks. seriously, two sticks, thats all you can think of? probably the worst idea ever. Even 2 round ovals would be better than sticks.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:58 AM

I'm decent with chopsticks . . . except with rice.

Helpful tip if you want to either look like a dork and/or don't want to break down and use silverware: Take the paper sleeve you got your chopsticks in and fold it over itself a few times. Place it in between the sticks at one of the ends. Wrap a rubber band around the sticks just below where you put the paper. Voila, chopsticks with training wheels.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at the person who invented chop sticks. seriously, two sticks, thats all you can think of? probably the worst idea ever. Even 2 round ovals would be better than sticks.

[/ QUOTE ]
rofl chopsticks are quite versatile if you learn to use them properly. imo forks = beat b/c sharp metal objects in yer mouth is just dangerous.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:34 AM

i am looking at this OP trying to figure out why anyone would possibly need like five [censored] pages to say 'lol, i am white and they gave me a fork'
Old 11-25-2007, 02:42 AM

mbillie,

[ QUOTE ]
Do you wear a hockey helmet

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

[ QUOTE ]
and/or bib?

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

stabn,

[ QUOTE ]
My gf is asian so they often bring us one fork and give it to me. I then hand it to her and eat with chopsticks while she uses a fork.

[/ QUOTE ]

does your gf not know how to use chopsticks, or does she just prefer the fork? if so, why? which does her family use at home?

claunchy,

[ QUOTE ]
Ping Pang Pong in the Gold Coast is delicious imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, good call. i think their potstickers are excellent. they were, unfortunately and maddeningly, one of the restaraunts that was closed until "dinner time"!

bdub,

[ QUOTE ]
Noodles at Bellagio gets my vote

[/ QUOTE ]

good suggestion, but maybe too pricey for me? i'll have to check out the menu the next time i'm in there.

nt,

[ QUOTE ]
i am looking at this OP trying to figure out why anyone would possibly need like five [censored] pages to say 'lol, i am white and they gave me a fork'

[/ QUOTE ]

poetic license?
Old 11-25-2007, 03:13 AM

yea lol at using chopsticks for fried rice. spoons ftw. if not spoon, then fork. nobody eats fried rice w chopsticks from a plate.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:35 AM

life and other spooners,

in the situation presented, are you specifically requesting a spoon? also, what color are you?

for the record, i had no trouble using chopsticks to demolish half of the sizable mound of fried rice right off the serving platter.

fartman,

unfortunate screen name you've got there.

[ QUOTE ]

i couldn't help but notice your avatar op and if you are super white like the avatar suggests (lol socks and sandals), you're gonna be given a fork 10 times out of 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not super light-skinned, but yeah, no one has ever assumed i'm anything but a white guy (and yes, those are my real feet in my real tevas-with-socks. be nice or i will sic the wrath of Peter Harris upon you.).

still, my rate of fork offers/restaraunt visit is far below 100% over my lifetime. in california, i think it's pretty common for everyone to know how to use chopsticks because asian culture has a long history there.

in vegas, there is no culture. i have been openly gawked at many times (primarily by old locals, obv) while eating those delicious potstickers from Ping Pang Pong in the Gold Coast poker room. once a chinese-from-china dealer (Lili) just straight up asked me, "you're going to eat with chopsticks?" as i was preparing to deftly dunk a whole dumpling into a cup of soy sauce.

anyway, the shovel-from-the-bowl method is obviously a good technique to have in the toolbox. would you specifically request a bowl if you were in my socks-and-sandals?
Old 11-25-2007, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
life and other spooners,

in the situation presented, are you specifically requesting a spoon? also, what color are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, i havent been to a restaurant where you dont get the utensils yourself from the counter in a long time. but in your case i think they should be bringing the spoon w the dish. if not, and im too lazy to ask, i might just eat w the fork. im chinese btw. but if they just bring out the fried rice and only give me chopsticks i'd totally be like wtf.