Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 03:40 AM

Location: Don\'t Call it a comeback... Ive been here for years
Default Re: 200bb preflop decision? 25/50

if i remember right he calls more than the whole crazy aggro thing that is popular today. I don't think he is messing around here too much with 200bb oop. I'd prob fold unless i have seen him do this before.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
shady
but dont think your dom. here.
maybe QQ turns up here from him.
but if he knows u with 3 bet OG lite then maybe he moves here to 2700 with any 2?
IDK
shove and click get chips
and forget about it

[/ QUOTE ]

how are you not banned yet?
Old 11-22-2007, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
edit nvm didnt see it was 10k

is this 6 max or fullr ing?

[/ QUOTE ]

6m... who the [censored] plays full ring?
Old 11-22-2007, 03:55 AM

Location: Don\'t Call it a comeback... Ive been here for years

who the [censored] plays 6 max? i only play 5 handed where someone buys a table on ftp then isn't there. once they show up im out like the vapors.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
who the [censored] plays 6 max? i only play 5 handed where someone buys a table on ftp then isn't there. once they show up im out like the vapors.

[/ QUOTE ]

i only play 3 handed and i only play the button
Old 11-22-2007, 05:33 AM

this is pretty gross, but i think i can find a fold here.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:34 AM

looks like a fold to me. backraises always own me unless i get it in super-bad and suck out.

i also think this is KK/AA way more than QQ/JJ/AK given stack sizes, assuming he's competent.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your never worse than a coin flip here, get it in

[/ QUOTE ]

you do realize you're saying that villain never plays AA/KK like this, right?

ansky- is this a standard default rr for you pre? w/ your image and how others view you i think you should consider cc'ing more often than you probably do from the button here. edit: obv this is a standard rr, what i'm wondering is how often you'd flat from the button w/ AKs, if ever. i love taking a currently aggro image and playing AK this way in position, i.e., flat calling pre.

as played i muck w/o feeling very confident that this isn't a player/spot where they know you just wont play a pot w/o the very top of your range.

-Tex
Old 11-22-2007, 09:30 AM

OK, I recently read a thread about a live hand Donnacha o Dea played at EPT Dublin sidegames. It is almost identical to the line your villain has taken here - similar stakes, same positions, same table / player dynamic and same line by all players.

In that scenario DOD had seen his opponent get slightly out of line (similiar to your QT double up). He made the exact same limp squeeze and after some thought the hero (you) came back over the top as a resqueeze AI to which DOD insta folded his TT.

I would say in this case villain has either QQ, JJ, TT at best. Now we need to decide if he will fold any of those if you rrr AI. I would guess he will fold TT (calling it could ruin his table image making him look like a tilted station) but call JJ and QQ AI. I suspect he has you on a very wide range presently but if you rrr AI (particularly if you do it relatively quickly) he has to narrow it down to AK, AQ(maybe if thinks u are playing crazy) and pairs JJ+. Also, if you showed a tell with a shocked delay after his limp squeeze I suspect he will put u on AK more often than big pairs - especially if he has one himself and it is 6-max and therefore you probably have little fold equity, would you agree?...so do u wanna race for stacks?

Another reason I believe he does not have AA, KK here is that his limp squeeze doesn't make sense to me. No matter what he thinks you have whether it be air or big pair / big slick surely he is incorrectly pricing you out - thinking his big limp squeeze raise is going to induce a fold almost all the time. IMO its a play on you, it appears he wants to take the pot down right here and now. For these reasons even more so I believe he has TT or JJ more often than QQ. Also, unless you have a lot of history together then it is unlikely there is 10th level thinking going on as of yet at the table between the two of you.

Nevertheless I believe he will race his JJ+ here and likely fold TT or worse. If he thinks you are crazy he expects an insta fold but a rrr AI has to narrow your range and put him to a difficult test.

Overall I think you have to push here almost all the time. IMO AA, KK is unlikely holding for him and with some fold equity I think it is a +EV play for u to push.

P.S. Sorry for calling you Surley lol.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:34 AM

ansky, why did you leave out you who was in the blinds and their squeeze frequencies. As someone who makes the occasional backraise in some overaggro 5/10 games thats key to the hand.