PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1470)
UTG+1 (t4755)
Hero (t1620)
CO (t1490)
Button (t1165)
SB (t1345)
BB (t1655)

Preflop: Hero is in MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t150</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t125, BB calls t100

Flop: (t450) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t300</font>, SB calls t300, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Turn: (t1050) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: (t1050) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets t895 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>
Old 11-03-2007, 03:03 AM

Default Re: $16 - 25/50, AQs w/ flopped flush draw

I think the hand is played fine. Limping/raising pre is whatever, an ongoing debate. I bet this flop vs defending blinds all the time. Depending on reads on SB I might ship it in on the turn... w/o reads turn check is better.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:47 AM

I think I would leave it till the turn till I bet. There are plenty of cards that can help you out there. Also if you get called on the flop then fail to follow up on the turn then it looks like a standard cbet, losing any advantage you had. Betting the flop 2/3 (pot) and the turn 1/2, puts half your chips in the middle with ace high and the nut flush draw with one card to come.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:53 AM

Sean, I don't get it. You are saying we should wait until the turn to bet because there are plenty of cards out there that can help us? Wouldn't that just make it a simple valuebet on the flop? In my eyes it is. I wouldn't mind getting c/r all in, since I would gladly call. Also, a flop bet here ought to take it down a handful of times, those time it don't, it will more often than not grant us a free card on turn, which I like if I miss turn.

I like the whole hand.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:27 AM

wp
Old 11-03-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would leave it till the turn till I bet. There are plenty of cards that can help you out there. Also if you get called on the flop then fail to follow up on the turn then it looks like a standard cbet, losing any advantage you had. Betting the flop 2/3 (pot) and the turn 1/2, puts half your chips in the middle with ace high and the nut flush draw with one card to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wholeheartedly disagree with this thought process. first off, you have a ton of equity with your hand in this pot, so it looking like a standard cbet isnt such a bad thing. second, if i checked the flop that doesnt really give you more of a reason to bet the turn because you lose some equity after missing on one street and get called wider because non thinking low buy in idiots dont believe someone who checks the flop and bets the turn when its checked to them. If I had one opponent to the turn and i had cbet the flop i can then decide if i want to double barrel or take a free card.

edit: it's not that ill "never" check flop/bet turn but its not the optimal line or anywhere close IMO, i think there are a few other, better lines in most situations. kev, i think your line is fine. nh.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a flop bet here ought to take it down a handful of times, those time it don't, it will more often than not grant us a free card on turn, which I like if I miss turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think this approach is more useful than the one I presented. You are more likely to see the two remaining cards by betting flop. My line of thinking was that it would be a difficult decision as to whether to fire a second barrel on the turn if you get called on the flop and you miss an ace or the flush on the turn. Although this admittedly is mostly unneeded.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:27 PM

I think that this hand is well played. I really don't see any reason not to c bet here, it takes the pot down plenty of times and if not it buys you a free card on the turn. NH Kevin.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sean, I don't get it. You are saying we should wait until the turn to bet because there are plenty of cards out there that can help us? Wouldn't that just make it a simple valuebet on the flop? In my eyes it is. I wouldn't mind getting c/r all in, since I would gladly call. Also, a flop bet here ought to take it down a handful of times, those time it don't, it will more often than not grant us a free card on turn, which I like if I miss turn.

I like the whole hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. A continuation bet might take it down right there (which is a good thing, you still have Ace high), and if not, you have plenty of outs.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:11 PM

wp