Old 10-23-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Re: MNF: Colts @ Jaguars

[ QUOTE ]
Wow talk about running up the score!

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't run it up enough.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:45 AM

I missed the entire game. Just now got home to see the "over" came up short. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

HOW DID FAGUARS ACCUMULATE 226 TOTAL NET YARDS YET ONLY SCORE SEVEN POINTS???

I made a good bet, I know I did, but now my heart is broken and I'm lying naked on the floor. WHAT IS A GIRL TO DO???
Old 10-23-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The colts ARE under the radar in the sense of media coverage this entire season really.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's clearly to do with the fact that Brady is lighting [censored] up week in and week out and Randy Moss hasn't gotten upset yet, since he's getting so many looks now that he's finally on a contending team.

I think its pretty clear that whoever comes out of the week 9 matchup will be getting all the media coverage until the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think chances are good that Moss stays pretty content through the end of the year. Last year was 42/553/3, and 2005 was 60/1005/8. 44/732/10 though 7 games seems like a reasonable step up. Let's drop "yet" from the conversation this year.

He caught the second TD with his _elbow_ yesterday.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:08 AM

ATTN: PokerFink/Sluss:
RANKINGS PLZ. I KEEP CHECKING 2P2 WHEN I SHOULD BE DOING MY PROB SET.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what would be worse for MASS to handle, Red Sox getting swept or Pats getting knocked out in the Divisional round.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pats getting knocked out for me, definitely. One, because the Rockies winning the WS would be an awesome story and it would soften the blow of the Sox losing a very slightly weighted coinflip. If the Pats lost in the Divisional Round, it would be a major upset and probably cause me to commit a felony.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You know what, Brady is very good, but seriously, Manning is still a step above. I've seen Brady a few times this year but watching Manning control a game is unbelievable. He is very close to the greatest QB. It's not just the throws its the whole package, its the whole reading a coverage that doesn't even exist presnap yet he knows its there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite my dislike for Manning, I actually agree with this, even if I would rather have Brady on my team.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You know what, Brady is very good, but seriously, Manning is still a step above. I've seen Brady a few times this year but watching Manning control a game is unbelievable. He is very close to the greatest QB. It's not just the throws its the whole package, its the whole reading a coverage that doesn't even exist presnap yet he knows its there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite my dislike for Manning, I actually agree with this, even if I would rather have Brady on my team.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think my feelings about Manning are pretty clear as well. And the comment wasn't completely random either. It was just a particular play I watched that just blew me away with Manning. It's a pretty signature Jaguar play but they hide it by running its sister play almost the whole game.

It's like a rotating secondary that we call at Kutztown a "Pool" coverage. But, obviously its no where near as complex. Its where the FS fills LB, LB fills SS, and SS fills FS. I remember it almost led to Ayodele INT off of Brady in the playoffs in 05. Manning ate it up last night.

It definitely was an eye opener to what he is really capable of doing. I guess the fact that he gets on TV so often you kind of forget what he can really do. It's truly impressive. I just think its really unfair to try and make these comparisions between the two. It's a situation where we should be enjoying watching three hall of fame quarterbacks play in Favre, Brady, and Manning. Trying to compare the latter two is impossible due to the systems and schemes and coaching theories of the two squads. I think I'm gonna sit back and just watch them do their work.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:14 PM

I take a boring "I don't know" approach to the Manning-Brady debate. They're both so good.

Steve Young is almost as good as Emmitt Smith sucks at his job. He said Jax could be a SB team in the NFC, but in the AFC they need to get better at QB. Maybe that's stating the obvious, but it got me to thinking, how much better does a team have to be at the other positions to unseat NE/Indy with an average QB? A lot right?

What AFC team is in the best position to overtake them in the next 5 years when Brady/Manning are still in their prime? Is it crazy to think Cincy because they have the elusive franchise QB for the next 10 years? I mean how hard is it to upgrade your defense from 'terrible' to 'average' - it only takes a couple good players, right?
Old 10-23-2007, 02:35 PM

What Cincy needs isn't a couple good players on defense, they need a handful of competent players.

As far as catching up with the Colts/Pats, the best hope is that they take steps back because of cap constraints.

The Colts have all the staples locked up through next season, but then they have a bunch of key guys who will expire after 08 and 09. Bob Sanders, Dallas Clark, Gary Brackett, Jeff Saturday, Kelvin Hayden and Marlin Jackson all will hit FA over that 2 year span if they aren't locked up beforehand.

I'm not as up on the Pats but they have Assante Samuel, Randy Moss,Tedy Bruschi and Junior Seau all hitting FA at the end of the year. I can see Bruschi giving a discount but Samuel and Moss are going to want to get paid.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can see Bruschi giving a discount but Samuel and Moss are going to want to get paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not even sure about Moss - he may realize he likes winning and accumulating ridic stats at the same time and signs for a quasi-discount, or at least something reasonable.

anyways, they may be able to resign Moss + Samuel, their cap situation is pretty good. I highly doubt Stallworth is back, the hope will be that last years pick Chad Jackson fills that role imo.