Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 10-21-2007, 08:50 PM

Default 10/20 Live Bellagio River Full House

Villain is older gentlemen, 60ish who plays regularly at the Bellagio during the day and wears a cowboy hat. I have chatted with him quite a bit in the past few days and played several hours with him. Seems very ABC pre and post and I can't recall him ever being out of line. I have 4800ish to begin this hand he covers.
Live 10/20 9 handed. UTG limps, I limp UTG+1 with 4h4d, villain limps UTG+2, MP limps button limps as well as sb and bb.
Flop: 7s4s2d, checked to me I fire 140 villain calls button
calls all others fold.
Turn: Kh, I bet 460 villain raises to 1000 button folds I tank and call.
River: 7h, I check and he immediately says all-in. I have about 3500 left. What do I do? FWIW, when he raised me on the turn I was 99% sure he did not have KK because I had never seen an instance where he did not raise qq kk aa pre from any position and saw him do it quite often from utg and early positon.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:58 PM

Default Re: 10/20 Live Bellagio River Full House

umm call
Old 10-21-2007, 09:08 PM

His line screams 77 or 22, and he's mathematically much more likely to have deuces full after that river, which is actually a good card for you unless you think K7s is in his range. Snap call.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is older gentlemen, 60ish who plays regularly at the Bellagio during the day and wears a cowboy hat. I have chatted with him quite a bit in the past few days and played several hours with him. Seems very ABC pre and post and I can't recall him ever being out of line. I have 4800ish to begin this hand he covers.

[/ QUOTE ]
is he an ex-hippie type or a doctor? I've played with two guys fitting that description.

anywya, snap call this yawn.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:29 PM

easiest call ever.
Even against a nit

Board: 7s 4s 2d Kh 7h
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 50.000% 50.00% 00.00% 9 0.00 { 77, 22, K7s }
Hand 1: 50.000% 50.00% 00.00% 9 0.00 { 44 }
Old 10-21-2007, 09:34 PM

yawn indeed
Old 10-21-2007, 10:00 PM

Call and fist pump at the same time.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:13 AM

is he an ex-hippie type or a doctor? I've played with two guys fitting that description.
I am pretty sure he is not an ex-hippie. I forgot his name but he says he has played at the Bellagio for about 4 years and seems to play midday and leaves when the sun goes down.
Anyway, K7 is nowhere in his range limping from early position. When he raised me on the turn I was almost certain he had 77 with a slight possibility of 22 yet i still called. When the 7 hit on the river it totally threw me for a loop when he immediately went allin. I just kept saying quads quads and couldn't fold it so I called and he showed me quads.
I know this hand seems like a yawner but it was just gnawing at me because I felt like this should have been an easy laydown on the river given the circumstances. But I basically said F it I have the 2nd nuts and he has to have quads to beat me.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty sure he is not an ex-hippie. I forgot his name but he says he has played at the Bellagio for about 4 years and seems to play midday and leaves when the sun goes down.
Anyway, K7 is nowhere in his range limping from early position. When he raised me on the turn I was almost certain he had 77 with a slight possibility of 22 yet i still called. When the 7 hit on the river it totally threw me for a loop when he immediately went allin. I just kept saying quads quads and couldn't fold it so I called and he showed me quads.
I know this hand seems like a yawner but it was just gnawing at me because I felt like this should have been an easy laydown on the river given the circumstances. But I basically said F it I have the 2nd nuts and he has to have quads to beat me.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't be results oriented man, this is just one of those hands where you have to pay the guy off. don't feel bad.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:34 AM

This seems like a trivial call to me. I think he can have missed spades/56 and try to get you off a middle pair or 7 on that turn card. And now he doesn't really know what to put you on but decides he needs to bluff. I really think that quads thinks a bit more before shoving the river, since this is not a spot where it is at all obvious that you have such a strong hand.